Girugamesh at Wacken..

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

kyedhen

18 Apr. 2008
so girugamesh are a favoured band of mine. and i'm very proud that they've made it to wacken. but i have to say i'm worried about them.
girugamesh are a japanese rock band - not usually the kind of thing that wacken books. they're heavy enough, but do you think people will be hostile to them?
it would really be better for everyone if there was a festival featuring these kinds of bands, because right now alot of j-rock bands are trying to make it over in the west. j-rock is an odd genre, that takes some getting used to.
girugamesh have been asking their fans about wacken. they're excited to play it because they like most of the other bands playing, but they don't know what to expect from the people there. do you think people will bottle them, etc? will they like them? or will they be passive?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
none is allowed to take bottles into the festival grounds, so no worries there.

Never seen, heard or experienced a band being attacked by the crowd at WOA.

For me, and hopefully most, if there are only bands playing I don't want to see, I just leave the festival area and go back to the camping a while.

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
kyedhen - tip for you:

use another color for your posts, it's blurring up badly and quite hard to read without highlighting the text...

kyedhen

18 Apr. 2008
urk sorry Dx
well, i just hope they're kinder to girugamesh than the rock am ring crowd was to dir en grey o_O

MTL

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Juni 2003
Wijlre (NL)
www.cu2.nl
Don't know them yet, but I hope they're not so bad as Dir en Grey. Anyway the organisation fortunately put them at the same time as Kreator, so all serious metalfans will be seeing them at that time. So I don't really mind and I think that those people who will see this band will go there because they like it. If they'd done the same with those metalcore-like bands I wouldn't worry about the shitty non-metal bands (don't get me wrong, I don't mean that every that's not metal is shit)

kyedhen

18 Apr. 2008
i think they're better than diru. i also think they're better suited to wacken. dir en grey did not belong there. i mean i like diru, but they were idiots for going to wacken.
girugamesh are heavier...and less full of themselves
i just hope they don't play a slow song. i think that would be shooting themselves in the foot

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Well, actually people were a bit hostile to Martin Kesici, who was allowed to play three songs or so in 2005. That guy is a real metal fan, but he got famous for winning a casting show like "Pop Idol", and many Wacken fans didn't seem to like him, there was a lot of booing and giving him the finger and so on. But that's about all, I think. People aren't allowed to take anything in that could hurt people on stage when thrown at them, especially no bottles.

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
Not a band I plan to watch, I did not care for what I have heard of them, but still, I hope they have a good time at WOA, and that their fans enjoy the show.