Getting Searched .

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Shiny

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Juni 2002
Ireland
Website besuchen
Everybody who has went to wacken has been searched on the way in to the Festival Area.
The security dont allow items like:

Weapons
Bottles of Water(fucking stupid I think)
Professional Film Equipment
Beer

..........?

I was just wondering what actually are you allowed to bring in to the festival area?

Why dont the security allow bottles of water to be brought in ?

In short , What have you had refused while being searched?

^witchfinder^

well i was told that i could take in those little cardboard boxes of drinks ....(not for me) LOL but i had them refused and also they nearly didnt let us in with our digital camera ...the next few times i shoved it down my pants just in case haha so i guess you can take in whatever you shove done your pants

^witchfinder^

Nope you sure wont get in with a professional camera ...they say you can take in small non professional camera's ...but didnt seem to be sure if that included our digital camera (i actually saw two people with small video cameras)
if you have a site or know anyone that does a fanzine or something like that you could always try asking for a press pass
good luck :)

Supercharger

W:O:A Metalmaster
26 Juli 2002
Deventer, the Netherlands
Website besuchen
Hmm I brought my my non professional photocamera along and the pics turned out great and I think it's a good thing that people are getting searched before they enter the festival terrain. This will prevent shitheads to cause any mayhem during the festival :D

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
Originally posted by Shiny

Why dont the security allow bottles of water to be brought in ?

In short , What have you had refused while being searched?

As Mugabe said, water bottles are great to throw at bands. When Overkill played here, there was a fucking crappy nu-suck shit opening for them, and we were lucky that you could buy those 500ml water bottles at the bar.

No nu-crap messes up with a Overkill concert.

If you refuse to let them do their job, they wont let you in.

As for your professional camera, I think that you need a backstage pass in order to go to the festival area with it.

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
One guy at Wacken raised an objection to one of my little disposable cameras, but then I told him I'd been through the gate five times already with it and he let me have it.

Indeed...if they weren't going to allow bottled water into the festival area, at least they could have sold somewhere there. All I could get from vendors was $!@$%#!ing sparkling water!!!

Besides, if people really want to throw stuff at bands...mud and straw wadded together was readily available there. *remembers a show with Korn opening for Ozzy years ago...*

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Warthog

I'm so with you! I almost punch a security guard during the Night to Remember...it was so hot....

If you read my comment on the thread at the top of this board it was my main complaint - no fresh water available in the festival area....(and nowhere to wash hands if you use free toilets).

There was only 1 place that sold bottled water - the 1.5 L bottles - it was the place between the black metal stage and other outdoor stage (can't remember name). It was a lebanese style vegetarian food stall. And thank METAL \m/ the water was even semi frozen :D

I guess they don't allow you to bring it in because it could easily be vodka, rum or gin....and to check every bottle will piss people off even more for the delay to get in!

I have an SLR with a 400 mm lens so got almost no photos at the festival. Lucky my friend brought her digital so we got that in.

LooseCannon

3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
I have a Canon A-1 35mm camera( all manual ) that I was going to bring with me.I'm a Photo masjor,BUT all I'll be taking is "tourist" pics.Is it still safe to bring it, & NO WATER???
What about bathing at the campgrounds?I asked this before.I'll have 15 hour flight back & I don't want to smell gamey.