FUCK OFF Job for A Cowboy!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Wacken-Armour

24 Feb. 2008
Inquisition hall I; Highthrone.
Now I was just informed of this perpetration of unleashing the abomination, that is allowing fucking shit to play at this years Wacken Open Air.
Last year, we had Bullet For My Valentine. Now this!? FUCK!!? What the hell is going on!? It's a violation of our good right as common listeners of heavy metal to have such bands put on the bill.
It doesn't take long to find other posts regarding this ultimate shit-stain, residing in my undergarments, that is Job For A Cowboy.

WHY, on earth, would you want this band, amongst the other mallcore crap bands, to play on this festival? NO ONE ever cared to have such fucking crap on the list, and not a single person will care for them to buy a ticket for their sake anyway. It's a fucking insult to all listeners as well as practitioners of heavy metal to let alone play their detestable music, but also pay them to!!?
I absolutely abhor this cruel act against our ears and good taste in music.

If this band is allowed to play, I entrust all others to take matters into their own hands and simply not show up at any of the mallcore shows.
FUCK YOU MALLCORE GENRE AND YOUR FUCKING BANDS.
Most of all: Job For A Cowboy - FUCK OFF!!

Hopefully we will soon see a petition or an embassy burning riot.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

cyber999

W:O:A Metalmaster
20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
Well all the better then, huh!!?
Job For A Choirboy is by far the worst addition I've seen this year.

And what are you up to? Do you want us to just not give a crap then? In five to ten years Wacken Open Air will contain less 50% metal bands.

we cant do anything! if dont like just dont watch it! more time to drink or whatever..

doesnt the line up has band you want to see?

i see many good bands!

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
we cant do anything! if dont like just dont watch it! more time to drink or whatever..

doesnt the line up has band you want to see?

i see many good bands!

If we just accept the lineup as is, it's not gonna get any better... if anything, next year there'll be more metalcore.
Personally, I like some metalcore bands... but I can see them right here. If I'm gonna go to Wacken, I want to see stuff that I'm not going to be able to see here. Save Ozzfest for metalcore.

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
I hope you're fucking kidding me. As far as I'm concerned they decided not to play because people spammed boards with anti-Bullet For My Valentine messages. Don't see them on the current bill either.

they had to cancel cos the singer had his toncils removed or something like that.
but you are right, they aren't on the billing, though last year they immediatly (is that spelled correctly?) said they would play this year to make it up

Wacken-Armour

24 Feb. 2008
Inquisition hall I; Highthrone.
If we just accept the lineup as is, it's not gonna get any better... if anything, next year there'll be more metalcore.
Personally, I like some metalcore bands... but I can see them right here. If I'm gonna go to Wacken, I want to see stuff that I'm not going to be able to see here. Save Ozzfest for metalcore.
Damn straight.
The reason you don't see Severe Torture being invited as a band on a jazz festival is because people don't go to jazz festivals to see death metal. They come to listen to jazz.

People travel from all around the world to this festival. They come for heavy metal, nothing else.

they had to cancel cos the singer had his toncils removed or something like that.
but you are right, they aren't on the billing, though last year they immediatly (is that spelled correctly?) said they would play this year to make it up
Hahahah, make it up, that's funny. So they're really unaware that they are not wanted by the general festival goers!?

Immediately, was correct enough for me to understand it, hahah.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Damn straight.
The reason you don't see Severe Torture being invited as a band on a jazz festival is because people don't go to jazz festivals to see death metal. They come to listen to jazz.

People travel from all around the world to this festival. They come for heavy metal, nothing else.

Hahahah, make it up, that's funny. So they're really unaware that they are not wanted by the general festival goers!?

Immediately, was correct enough for me to understand it, hahah.

So you know what kind of music a general festival goer likes? Interesting. :D

I can assure you that there are shitloads of normal metal fans who like metalcore as well. I can even tell you some inside of this forum. If you come to Wacken (but looking at your postings I don't really know why you should do that - you wouldn't have much fun there), having a look at the festival area when the metalcore bands play will prove me right.

Steve

1 Feb. 2007
The abundance in metalcore bands this year is quite worrying. My thoughts on the following bands:

Hatebreed: Saw them at Leeds Fest 3 years ago, good band, not fussed about seeing them again

As I Lay Dying: Saw them last September, very tedious to watch

Job For A Cowboy: Most boring death metal band I've ever seen

Unearth: One of few metalcore bands I really like, will be checking these guys out

Killswitch Engage: Don't do a lot for me. I like the songs they've released as singles but everything else on their albums are just fillers, might be seeing them

Bullet For My Valentine: Fucking despise them, and their new material is a fucking joke. They say their influences are the likes of Maiden, Slayer, Metallica etc. and their songs are so fucking emo! They need to stay the fuck out.

I keep hearing people say if we don't like them, don't see them. But if I end up camping close to the festiavl grounds, I'll still be able to hear them!