From Canada (Quebec) to Wacken!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

da4mon

1 Feb. 2009
Hail!

My first language is french, sorry for the bad english.

Like the title suggest I will be attending wacken from Canada in 2010, and well I wanna be sure of everything before I go!

First of all im looking for other people from Canada, more precisely Quebec. I currently live in montreal so if you are planning on going to wacken and know a crap load of things about it lets contact! :)

Second, I will also be staying in europe for a bout a month (unless I find a reason to stay there forevere haha.) and well im looking for contacts around norway, sweden, germany, poland (im also part polish lol) and belgium.

Been a bunch of 21-22 yr old guys our main attraction is getting smashed, have fun, going to has many shows as we can and well spending a not so infinite amount of hard earned money.

If anyone is willing to help out on planning about trains, price of food, were to get drunk, also obviously if I need anything special for wacken it been the higlight of the vacation. I would accept any help from around your part of the world.

I was planning on having 4-5000$ (canadian) for a month, is that realistic?

the more I can avoid paying for a hotel the better I feel, and if I get a tent for wacken might has be a useful tent and use it the whole time, or I should forget trying to make a tent over any place I nammed before lol?

There is at least 2 of us, but maybe 4 max.

Otherwise, is train travel the best way around?

And well lastly IMO WE should start the whole travel with wacken, try and meet people around and maybe drink more when we get to some place were they live. Are people friendly enough for that? :p

Well reply on the forum ill be checking it out every day or so or PM me or : childof_filth@hotmail.com anyone from the US to germany would be cool to talk with, I have msn! thx!!

VENO

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Nov. 2008
Portugal
Well if you're planning this to 2010, you have more than time to plan it. If you look at this international section there are a few more fellow canadians going to Wacken :) Also you fave a few FAQ topics where most of your questions might be answered. I think 5000 canadian dollars are just fine, let me see its currency but I think it's a pretty nice budget!

I think the internet is a pretty good way to search for accomodation and transportation, places to hang out well that you might ask locals, bonne chance on that one :)

Sipyloidea

W:O:A Metalgod
19 März 2007
now we have like a Dutch, a Portugese, a Spanish, an Australian and a Canadish topic? :p

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Hail!

Like the title suggest I will be attending wacken from Canada in 2010, and well I wanna be sure of everything before I go!

First of all im looking for other people from Canada, more precisely Quebec. I currently live in montreal so if you are planning on going to wacken and know a crap load of things about it lets contact! :)

Second, I will also be staying in europe for a bout a month (unless I find a reason to stay there forevere haha.) and well im looking for contacts around norway, sweden, germany, poland (im also part polish lol) and belgium.

Been a bunch of 21-22 yr old guys our main attraction is getting smashed, have fun, going to has many shows as we can and well spending a not so infinite amount of hard earned money.

If anyone is willing to help out on planning about trains, price of food, were to get drunk, also obviously if I need anything special for wacken it been the higlight of the vacation. I would accept any help from around your part of the world.

the more I can avoid paying for a hotel the better I feel, and if I get a tent for wacken might has be a useful tent and use it the whole time, or I should forget trying to make a tent over any place I nammed before lol?

And well lastly IMO WE should start the whole travel with wacken, try and meet people around and maybe drink more when we get to some place were they live. Are people friendly enough for that? :p

Well reply on the forum ill be checking it out every day or so or PM me or : childof_filth@hotmail.com anyone from the US to germany would be cool to talk with, I have msn! thx!!

Bonjour,

Pour te repondre.
Si tu peux trouver des camping c'est toujours mieux. Je ne sais pas si tu as besoin d'un tel somme d'argent, mais bon. Je préfererai prendre de l'argent platique (carte de crédit etc)
Le meilleur moyen de transport ici est bel et bien le train. Renseigne-toi sur Eurail (en vente en Amerique/au Canada, et pas en Europe!)

Pour le reste, préparez-vous bien! Renseignez-vous là où vous voulez aller.
Je veux bien chercher des places ici en Belgique, mais cela dépend évidament où vous voulez aller.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Sipyloidea

W:O:A Metalgod
19 März 2007
Hail!

Ok, on topic now ;)

I am German and actually living pretty close to Wacken. If there's questions, you can always contact me. Also I am hoping to have my own apparment until 2010 and I would be friendly enough for taking you home for a drink ;)

nyn84

3 Aug. 2009
Hi there!

1. Money
4-5k of Canadian Dollars should be enough if not way too much for 1 month in Europe, assuming you're not looking to stay in 5 star hotels all the time :)
You should exchange everything into Euros though.

2. Travel & Luggage
Imho the best way to travel around Europe is by car. You're not bound by schedules and you can bring lots of stuff. The flipside of course is, that gas is very expensive. In Germany it's right around 1.40 Euros per litre(!) for gas, 1.15 for diesel. Still this remains my recommendation for going to Wacken: Fly to Hamburg, rent a car, drive into Hamburg and shop around. You can bring almost everything to the WOA campground and do not forget these valuable things:
lots and lots of beer
can food and a gas cooker
toilet paper(!)
sunblock
rain clothing
heavy boots

There's lots of food and beer on the festival area as well but it's quite pricy so you'll have it a lot cheaper if you can bring most stuff (and thats why you should rent a car despite the gas prices :) )
Note on this: you can bring all your stuff to the camping ground but no alcohol in whatever package (can, bottle, carton..) to the actual festival area where the stages are. So its a lot cheaper to bring your own beer to the camp ground, get drunk there and just fill in what you've sweated out with the festival beer.
Also: avoid bringing any marijuana or other drugs. They are not legal in Germany (well thats not exactly true but I'm not gonna go into this, since it'as gonna get complicated) und there are many police checkpoints on the various roads to Wacken where they might pull out your car and even look for it with the help of a dog. You don't want that.

3. Camping
If you're going with up to 4 people you should also consider buying a cheap tent. And yes they do sell a Wacken tent but I've seen of those collapsing this year at the first heavier breeze.
Also if you have the choice, plan to arrive at the WOA on Wednesday. That way you'll have enough time pitch up your tent and get to know the area (which is huge) before it acutually starts on Thursday.

So long and see you in Wacken2010, I'll be there, too :)

Nyn