Free Water

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

mugabe

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
In short: no.

You can buy drinking water in the small supermarket close to the stage area entrance, however. It's €5, or something, can't really remember, for six 1.5-liter bottles.

LEX

12 Juni 2004
Mpls. MN USA
www.myspace.com
I drank free water from the WC spigot that I took in bottles. It tasted fine.

(My stomach was only nasty the second day and I attribute that solely to the liter of cheap russian vodka I swilled the day before :rolleyes: )

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
I'm sure mikem's question was "will you be able to fill bottles from basins of fresh drinking water in the camping area", to which the short answer is "no". I wouldn't recommend the WC water, and I'm not sure what Brat means. Maybe she asked the beer vendors for a glass of water.

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
I mean where people washed their hands and brushed there teeth - whatever you call those basins

and in the festival area near the good toilets...

I always filled my bottles there, as did many other people. I saw people with bulk containers filling them

monochrom

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
mugabe schrieb:
Close to the football pitch there are WCs, showers and wash basins, but I was pretty sure that cost 50 cents or something. Maybe that was back in 2003.

So, short, boring and at least probable answer: Yes.

Or maybe: Opinios differ. On the availability of free water and on the years in general.

dittohead

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Feb. 2003
yup
mugabes post about the water near the footie pitch is correct, even for him :p

but ive seen ppl piss in the other ones near the food stalls, think that was in the festival area...cant remember

Iscariot

9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
mugabe schrieb:
Close to the football pitch there are WCs, showers and wash basins, but I was pretty sure that cost 50 cents or something. Maybe that was back in 2003.

First the water basins were outside the shower camps and for everyone free to use but since some very nice people thought it was funny to demolish the basins a few years ago (2003?) they were placed inside the showercamps and you have to pay for it like a toilet visit. At least, that is what I remember of it.

@dittohead: are you sure that wasn't the 'pinkelrinne', those basins are there for that purpose:p