Forum within the Official app

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

UltimoAviso

15 Aug. 2012
California, USA
Since Wacken has wi-fi implementing a forum type thing in the official app might help people locate their friends with ease (for all those without a phone/handy) and also to invite people to activities being held at the various campsites. Just an idea to throw out there, I know I was lucky coming from California and finding my friend from Kiel with no way of contacting him.

OnkelTom79

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Aug. 2007
Dänemark
What?

Why not using this forum?

And how should it help you finding people via an App when they don't have a phone?

Looks like in some years people can't walk without an App anymore

UltimoAviso

15 Aug. 2012
California, USA
Well not a lot of people I know are active on this forum. It would help by providing a contact list etc.

It should help those who come from entire different areas, such as myself, and do not want to pay our phoneline carrier $1+ a minute just to use our phone at Wacken. I can use my wi-fi at Wacken to get in contact with people I wish to meet.

I can do plenty without an app, but advances in technology are meant to make things easier. Trains were once new technology as well. So was the light bulb. I do agree that people rely far too much on technology for simple daily tasks, but I am not going to degrade anyone for using a tool to make their life easier, because without apps/PC programs there would be no Wacken forum in any form.

That's why it's "suggestions" :)

What?

Why not using this forum?

And how should it help you finding people via an App when they don't have a phone?

Looks like in some years people can't walk without an App anymore

MetallKopp

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Aug. 2003
Klostermoor
www.reaperzine.de
Well not a lot of people I know are active on this forum. It would help by providing a contact list etc.

It should help those who come from entire different areas, such as myself, and do not want to pay our phoneline carrier $1+ a minute just to use our phone at Wacken. I can use my wi-fi at Wacken to get in contact with people I wish to meet.

I can do plenty without an app, but advances in technology are meant to make things easier. Trains were once new technology as well. So was the light bulb. I do agree that people rely far too much on technology for simple daily tasks, but I am not going to degrade anyone for using a tool to make their life easier, because without apps/PC programs there would be no Wacken forum in any form.

That's why it's "suggestions" :)

So you're in fact suggesting one should combine the Wacken app with social networks?

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Correct me if I'm wrong, but... in order to use an app, don't you need a smartPHONE to do so? (I know, a tablet is also possible, but after all, it contains a SIM card as well)

And why does anyone from outside Germany want to bring a smartphone/tablet with data raites at a high level as it is anyways? :confused:

OnkelTom79

17 Aug. 2007
Dänemark
Still don't understand why you can use the WiFi for the App but not for the Internet (this Forum)

As well why it is easier do download and install an App than register in this forum?

Assuming now that everybody in Wacken got your App with Forum-Simulator. How can it help you finding your friends which are not in the Forum-Simulator?
Do you want to ask drunk people if they have seen a drunk American with a black shirt?
As well why do you want to organize events on the campground and invite everybody else? Why should I walk 1km over the campground. I guess around you, no matter where you are, are enough people... Put the phone in the car, take a beer and go to them... That is interaction without WiFi. Or just walk around the campground and go to the activities you like....

Nickolaus

9 Aug. 2010
Köln
www.facebook.com
The point I am wondering about is why this forum is not optimized for tapatalk. It would be way easier to read and write than using your browser for that

UltimoAviso

15 Aug. 2012
California, USA
Either way it's just a suggestion... Fully open to debate. I suppose Facebook could serve the same purpose as well.

Actually using wifi has no data fee on tablets/phones even if one is not in their own country. I just leave my phone on "airplane mode" and it's fine :)