First metal concert?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Alrek

W:O:A Metalhead
I...am the king of all newbies apparently. I have not ever been to a metal concert before; I've only been to the orchestra. What was the first, or most memorable metal concert you have been to, and is it true that if one must bring earplugs, one is too old to be there?

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
First metal concert I ever went to was Metallica when I was 16. lol I was on shrooms, making it one hell of a concert... :D

although the most memorable would probably be the first time I saw Mortician. That was hilarious.

oh and..
Alrek schrieb:
is it true that if one must bring earplugs, one is too old to be there?

No.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

DaveIoC

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Juli 2006
Bristol, UK
www.myspace.com
I went to the Reading Festival in 1997 to see Metallica, I was 15.

I once wore ear plugs when seeing Maiden in Paris, I could hear the band perfectly, but not the crowd, and so it felt really weird, like there was no atmosphere... like no one was enjoying it. I took them out at one point and nearly got my head blown off by how loud the fans really were :D

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
The first big concert was Guns n' Roses in 1993, and I wich I had worn ear plugs, had serious ear beeping for 3 days...

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
First metal concert: some local bands, around September 2001. Jester's Tear (or something like that...more Gothic anyway) and Circle of Grief and another metal band.

First "real" metal concert: Iced Earth, 2002. :) Still one of the most remarkable ones I've ever been to.

Oh and at that very Iced Earth concert I would have died if I had not had those earplugs with me. Whatever you regard as really "loud" is harming your ears. As soon as it really hurts, you know that you have exceeded the point to put in earplugs BY FAR. Do use earplugs, try different sorts of them and find out which ones are OK for you. It's sad that normal earplugs also tend to cut off the noise of the audience, but...well...there are also some special sorts of earplugs that reduce the noise level a bit less; I've never tried those, perhaps that's the solution.

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
ear plugs are crap :D

first gig was Tattoo the planet or earth
with slayer and pantera...but sure to Sept 11 2001 terrorist thing, it was delayed and stuff

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
top 3 most memorable concerts.

1. iron maiden - graspop 2003
2. satyricon - WOA 2004
3. hammerfall - WOA 2005

and probably the worst concert ever cradle of filth + support act (immolation)
Damn both bands suck ass live