Finally! Bullet for my Valentine in Wacken!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Blackraven

4 Dez. 2008
For my first post, I've composed a rhyming short song:

Wacken, Wacken
Rain or shine
No Wacken for me
Thnx to Bullet for my valentine!

no.human.being

W:O:A Metalhead
16 Aug. 2008
Augsburg
Sweet jesus. What a poor poor choice.

I think that's me not going Wacken this year, I was really impressed this year, and it was my first time.

In my opinion 2008 had a really poor billing compared to 2007. 2007 was my first time at an open air festival. The billing was just awesome, but since it was my first time, several things went totally wrong. I missed most of the bands I wanted to see and I didn't really have a clue about how long it takes to get to the stages, how long it takes to get in/out before/after a show, etc. So I really got the timing wrong and missed many bands I actually wanted to see. And last but not least, since everyone told me that an open air concert is not loud compared to an indoor concert, I didn't take earplugs with me, which resulted in seeing the shows from far far back in the crowd. :D This was probably the worst mistake. But nevertheless, W:O:A 2007 was very very impressive.

Medusa

13 Okt. 2008
Saying BFMV is metal, is just an insult. Why don't they add.. let's see, Linkin Park? That is sooo metal. This is my first time on WOA, and I feel a bit chated.

Scott_Star

5 Dez. 2008
I really don't see the problem.

If you don't like the band, don't watch them, you're not being forced to.

I don't see why there is so much complaining and saying you won't go to Wacken for the sole reason that one band you don't like is playing...

Do what I do when a shit band is on - Watch another band or drink at your tent.

Fait

18 Okt. 2008
maikammer

I don't see why there is so much complaining and saying you won't go to Wacken for the sole reason that one band you don't like is playing...

word mate

Orphne

20 März 2006

I completely agree, no festival can manage to produce the perfect line up for everyone, and if BFMV clear the festival area, so much the better. All the sellers get a rest and Bullet get faced, or if you fancy, do try throwing stuff at them, if you can be bothered. I will spend that time usefully employed in increasing my alcohol intake/ eating a wacken nacken. As for a t-shirt I'll cover bullet's name with a patch of a band I like if it bothers me that much, as with other festivals though there is usually at least one band name I hate but I still buy and wear the t-shirts.

squidsalive

3 Dez. 2008
bullet for my valentine shouldn't be on the set list, but hopefully there are at least no more excruciatingly shitty bands announced...

flibble666

8 Dez. 2008
Space
totaly agree i got woa tix this year due to download festival "selling out" but i whent last year and dispite a terrable lineup it was a good time due to the people i was with if you dont like bfmv and the wrestling move band go and chill out at your tent or dirink some jager ok so yer its a shame to see them on the line up but it could be worse peiple they could anounce mcr but im as annoyed as you maby some one can as bfmv nicly to f**k the hell off

anybody wanting a laugh go chek out the download forums and this years download motto keep it metal or as i suggested keep it expensive keep it emo and sell your sold to mcr

Metalfish

26 Nov. 2008
Bodmin, Cornwall
www.myspace.com
lol I thought wacken was a 'METAL' festival, I didn't buy a ticket to watch a shitty welsh wannabe thrash/emo band, saw them on tour this year (went to see bleeding through) and they fucking sucked. And if they play, that'll bring emo kids to wacken, lets just pray they pull out :rolleyes:

Scott_Star

5 Dez. 2008
lol I thought wacken was a 'METAL' festival, I didn't buy a ticket to watch a shitty welsh wannabe thrash/emo band, saw them on tour this year (went to see bleeding through) and they fucking sucked. And if they play, that'll bring emo kids to wacken, lets just pray they pull out :rolleyes:

You make a good point about the emo kids, it has slowly started already, I saw a few at 08...

zombiecag

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
There was a few at 07 too.
But seriously guys, this isn't the end of the world, and all the bitching in the world can't undo it.
I'm not happy to see them on the bill, but there's so many bands at Wacken that it'll be easy to miss them! Usually there's someone on the Party Stage at the same time as the Black Stage, and someone on in the Headbanger's Ballroom at the same time as someone on the True Stage. So wherever they play, there'll be someone else on.
If the other band/s don't tickle your fancy, then just go to the beer garden or get some food, hell even go for a walk around the village of Wacken! We did that this year and missed JFAG completely :)

As for the people saying they wont buy the shirt over this.. that's pathetic. If you're REALLY that bothered by BFMV being on the back, then buy the shirt for the stage they didn't play (there's usually separate True Metal and Black Stage shirts) or, like Orphne (who seems to have the right idea about all of this) said - cover their logo with a patch of a band you do like. Here's another idea - if you cut off your wristband after the festival, cut near the metal bit and sew the WOA 2009 bit over their logo?

Come on guys, it could be worse. There's some amazing bands confirmed this year which will make the festival awesome. These bands will draw in good crowds, and again, make the festival awesome.

6 Jan. 2009
Lund, Sweden
I completely agree, no festival can manage to produce the perfect line up for everyone, and if BFMV clear the festival area, so much the better. All the sellers get a rest and Bullet get faced, or if you fancy, do try throwing stuff at them, if you can be bothered. I will spend that time usefully employed in increasing my alcohol intake/ eating a wacken nacken. As for a t-shirt I'll cover bullet's name with a patch of a band I like if it bothers me that much, as with other festivals though there is usually at least one band name I hate but I still buy and wear the t-shirts.

I agree with you. I don´t like BFMV either, so I´m not going to see them. I think that I´ll do the same as you, because the festival beer is really good. Otherwise I think I´ll stay at the campsite, were there are lots of funny and interesting people.

Last year I met three guys, who had their own orchestra. One of them was playing drums, which he had made out of empty beer cans and tied them together with a string. The second guy played guitar, which was made out of a piece of cardboard. The third was singing and it sounded like crap, because he was trying to growl and had no talent at all.