Ferrengi do bread

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
The birth announcement:

After 9 months being connected
With mom I was eager to
know my dad.
When I opened my eyes,
I had thousends of sparkles
shine into their hearts.

My name is
OWEN,
Johann, George, Jos, Carine

I had my voice cry
on 3 May 2007 at 8.32 am (CET)
I measure 53 cm / 1”9’
I weigh 3,720 gr or 7.5 pounds

My godfather is dad’s brother:
Jos
My godmother is mom’s sister:
Carine​

:cool:

Lucretia

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
But it's the names of both (grand)fathers, who cannot see this anymore, and both godfather and -mother.

so is that really the baby's names, or did you just write them in the advert? :confused:
And why do you give a baby boy a girl's name? Is that allowed in Belgium? Or is Carine a name suitable for both sexes?
I don't get it :cool: :confused: :o

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
so is that really the baby's names, or did you just write them in the advert? :confused:
And why do you give a baby boy a girl's name? Is that allowed in Belgium? Or is Carine a name suitable for both sexes?
I don't get it :cool: :confused: :o

It is his 5th name, and it is common to give the name of the godparents. It may appear sometimes that a boy gets a girl's name (and v.v.)
This may also appear in the 1st given name, in combination, e.g. Jean-Marie where Marie is a girl's name. (Jean-Marie Le Penn ( :mad: )

And these are all of Owen's oficial names. We only use the 1st name.

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
wow. In Germany thats only allowed for a few names (Maria, Kim, Mika and such stuff) and also then only in combination with an explicit male or female name...

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
wow. In Germany thats only allowed for a few names (Maria, Kim, Mika and such stuff) and also then only in combination with an explicit male or female name...

For the FIRST given name it's the same here. (although in Friesland (NL) boys can be called Anne) but for the other names we try to find a name in its gender form. But that does not always exist. (Example: José (for male like in Spain, Josée for female, Alain (M) -> Aline (F) ) But we couldn't find a name like Carine.

Lady_Wolf

4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
For the FIRST given name it's the same here. (although in Friesland (NL) boys can be called Anne) but for the other names we try to find a name in its gender form.

First of all, you can call your boy Anne (or Sanne) everywhere in the Netherlands.
You can call your child what ever you want, but the ambtenaar can reject the name if it is inapropriate or if it is the same as your surname...

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
That is odd. Here there is no such law.

yeah, I know - you US people seem not to have ANY name law at all :D
But I do know that the German name law is rather strict. Here for every uncommon name you have to proof that it is an official surname somewhere in the world, and also that its assigned to the right gender.
So we don't have any babies called Mickey Mouse, Pumuckl or similar here :( :rolleyes: :D

Lady_Wolf

4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
yeah, I know - you US people seem not to have ANY name law at all :D
But I do know that the German name law is rather strict. Here for every uncommon name you have to proof that it is an official surname somewhere in the world, and also that its assigned to the right gender.
So we don't have any babies called Mickey Mouse, Pumuckl or similar here :( :rolleyes: :D

those are names that a public servant (tnx Q) could reject.

A man wanted to call his baby Rolls Royce, but weird enough, that name got rejected.

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
The story of a young girl called Metallica is solved, she can be named that now in Sweden.

Lets see how long until Lars Ulrich sues the family for using their name...

Lady_Wolf

4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
The story of a young girl called Metallica is solved, she can be named that now in Sweden.

Lets see how long until Lars Ulrich sues the family for using their name...

I think that girl was an accident, or her parents hate her already.

Why on earth would you name your child Metallica, not only is it a really weird name, but what about everybody who dislikes the band.
She is gonna get picked on so bad!

Great that you don't want to give your child a name that you hear everyday, but is it in the best interest of your child to give it a weird name?

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
I read an article about that somewhere...it said that the name Metallica was kind of a combination of the names of the girl's father and mother. That's the reason why they chose this name. The parents aren't even Metallica fans or so, as far as I remember. And by the way...the name sounds quite cool in my ears. :D