Driving from Greece!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Graveworm_Hunter

W:O:A Metalhead
19 Juli 2009
Halkidiki, Greece.
www.go2halkidiki.net
Hi,
We're driving up from Greece and will be passing through FYROM, Serbia, Hungary, Slovakia and the Czech Republic. I've never driven though these countries before and have heard some quite bad things about driving though Serbia. If anyone has driven these places before I'd appreciate some tips if you have any!
Cheers!:)

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
Hi,
We're driving up from Greece and will be passing through FYROM, Serbia, Hungary, Slovakia and the Czech Republic. I've never driven though these countries before and have heard some quite bad things about driving though Serbia. If anyone has driven these places before I'd appreciate some tips if you have any!
Cheers!:)

Only thing I can tell you is that you will need a vignette for the Czech Republic and that Serbia has toll highways.
I also know that the Czech Republic has shit highways and I am guessing that those other countries wont be much different (as in bad quality of the roads, with holes/bumps etc)

Graveworm_Hunter

19 Juli 2009
Halkidiki, Greece.
www.go2halkidiki.net
Thanks! I'm prepared for the road quality, luckily I've got a 4x4. I've just been reading a lot about the corrupt police pulling people over for speeding when they weren't and getting ripped off at gas stations. I reckon I'll only have to fill up once through Serbia. We're then overnighting in Bratislava (staying clear of any HOSTELS:eek:), I want to come to Wacken with all my organs intact!
Any other help or tips would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers!

22 Juli 2009
Slovenia
May I ask where do you get all those scary reports about Serbia? o_O Quite a few of my friends (from Slovenia) travelled to the country or through it and they always said people were extremely welcoming and they never had any problems. Apart from ending up totally wasted a few times because the locals in the bars would buy them rakija :p

Graveworm_Hunter

19 Juli 2009
Halkidiki, Greece.
www.go2halkidiki.net
Hi,
I've been reading other peoples experiences on other sites, here's a couple:

"Please I beseech you, do not try to drive thought Serbia, it is lawless. My company has lost three articulated lorries in that country.
I WILL NOT allow any of my staff to take a route through Serbia, I route them through Hungry, Romania and Bulgaria."

"take plenty of money for when you are pulled over frequently and have to pay extortionate amounts of money on demand or be arrested,even though you've done nothing wrong!!!!"

It's not put me off though, I'm still going that way as I like to see different places.

22 Juli 2009
Slovenia
Uh, those reviews surely sound pretty bad :( I guess it must depend on the area you're travelling through too. I'd say main roads and the more populated areas should be okay.

Let us know how it went once you're back from Wacken, will you, as I'm really curious about this. As I said, people here travel to that country or through it quite often and I've never heard of any problems, so yea, I'd really like to read your experience. :)

I wish you good luck on your trip.

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
Uh, those reviews surely sound pretty bad :(

but keep in mind that nobody is gonna write: ooow I drove to Serbia and nothing happened.

I WILL NOT allow any of my staff to take a route through Serbia, I route them through Hungry, Romania and Bulgaria.

I honestly dont think these countries are any better or worse.
I know that a father of an ex colleague drives through Bulgaria every year to get to Turkey, and that man bring about 300 euro in small notes so he can bribe the Bulgarian cops :rolleyes: