Disappointing Slayer Show

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

yvesz

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Juli 2003
South of France
www.wickednews.fr
WOA is definitely the greatest festival in the world !!!
2003 was a killing, big sun, no rain, a fantastic bill... but what's going on with SLAYER ?

The weakest sound of the festival.
Just a 75 mn show, whereas they were scheduled to play 90 mn.
Jeff's guitar sounded like shit.
And no hello, no goodbye, no smile, the band seemed to be not interested !

Does anybody here knows what's going on ? A friend who was backstage told me that Dave Lombardo had some "words" with another member of the band, during the tour, and left the band during several days. And a show was cancelled, some days before WOA.

Anyway, Dee SNIDER is the real King !!!

Thordis V.

W:O:A Metalgod
25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
I don't know what was going on... the show was 15 minutes late, and it was so quiet!! If you can talk with your neighbour normally, I mean without shouting, in row 70 or so - there's something wrong!! Holger said in one thread Slayer's sound technician was stoned like hell.
And the guys really seemed to be dismotivated and not interested at all. I left after some minutes, I was really disappionted... I saw them in Munich 2001 and they were really great but this... no... sorry, just weak.

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
I was really, really, really disappointed with Slayer too. I've seen them raise all hell before, and truly dominate the stage before, four different times. I haven't seen them in almost four years (and they fucking ruled back then), but at Wacken they were just lame. They looked completely dazed the whole time. No energy, no presence at all! What the fuck? It's not like they haven't played for a big crowd before.

Of course, I've so far had three people back here threaten to kick my ass because I said that Twisted Sister blew Slayer away! :D:D:D

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
I don't know, we have to be honest about shit like this. I'll still go to see Slayer again, give them another chance. Because I mean, shit, they're still fuckin' SLAYER, you know? But if they're going to give lame performances like that from here on out, I'm sorry, but my allegiance only goes so far...

What did happen with the meet & greet? I heard they only stuck around for 15 minutes? That fucking sucks. :(

yvesz

7 Juli 2003
South of France
www.wickednews.fr
The Slayer meet and greet lasted just 20 minutes, or something like that. There was a big line of fans, who were waiting for an autograph. The first ones arrived 2 hours ago, but when the band appears, a lot of them were pushed by some other fans, who just arrived when they see the M & Greet started... What a mess.

And a lot of fans didn't get any autograph... it's sad.

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
I saw Slayer two weeks before Wacken and they fucking destroyed Albacete (Spain)!! (and they played for about 25000 people).

I don't know what could have happened with them during those two weeks, to make such a shitty gig :(

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
yeah thats true!! the sound was fucking SHIT as hell!!! and mr lombardo seems to be a bastard in the past...and present it seems. adn mr araya seems a but fucked :p:p:p...
are they getting a bit old...? make way for TestAmenT??? :D

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Lombardo's always been a dick as far as I can tell...snippy, rude, and not very friendly at all. Refused to sign any more than one item per fan when I met him after a Testament gig on the Gathering tour. One guy walked up with a Reign in Blood tour program - Lombardo spent 10 minutes going through it, telling his son about all the pictures "Oh, this is right near Grandma's house, etc etc etc", then handed it back to the guy without signing it. There's no denying he's a great drummer, but I don't have much respect for him as a person.

Any band he's in, now, he charges by the hour. Including practice time, recording, touring, performances, you name it. US$30/hour was the figure I last heard from a very well known guitarist who played in a band with him (I won't name names...). Wanna jam with him? Break out your wallet.

On the other hand, the other guys in Testament (at the time: Chuck Billy, Eric Petersen, Steve DiGiorgio, James Murphy) couldn't have been cooler. Playing brutal thrash metal doesn't mean you have to be an ass.

DISGORGE

18 Mai 2003
Alfsög, Sweden
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Warthog
Lombardo's always been a dick as far as I can tell...snippy, rude, and not very friendly at all. Refused to sign any more than one item per fan when I met him after a Testament gig on the Gathering tour. One guy walked up with a Reign in Blood tour program - Lombardo spent 10 minutes going through it, telling his son about all the pictures "Oh, this is right near Grandma's house, etc etc etc", then handed it back to the guy without signing it. There's no denying he's a great drummer, but I don't have much respect for him as a person.

Any band he's in, now, he charges by the hour. Including practice time, recording, touring, performances, you name it. US$30/hour was the figure I last heard from a very well known guitarist who played in a band with him (I won't name names...). Wanna jam with him? Break out your wallet.

On the other hand, the other guys in Testament (at the time: Chuck Billy, Eric Petersen, Steve DiGiorgio, James Murphy) couldn't have been cooler. Playing brutal thrash metal doesn't mean you have to be an ass.

oh shit, sounds like a real asshole. Never knew that

LXE

17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
I can't say I was dissapointed really (I was a very happy camper by then)but I do agree there were some major audio problems durring Slayers set. It deffinatly could have been worse. I saw them here (paid close to $40 for 3 bands) and while I was still happy to see Slayer the accoustics of the place sounded like we were all in a tin can and sucked horrendously. Wacken wasn't that bad by far.