Cost of Food/Beer at Wacken

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

OrganHatch

28 Okt. 2008
I havent seen anything with regards to the cost of food/beer at wacken. I have been to a few festivals and know that generally it is really overpriced. Is it possible to pick up food/beer in town and bring it to your tent? any help would be great.

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
yeah, wacken is no exception
the food is also overpriced.
But it is allowed to bring your own food, and there are some supermarket stands at the festival itsself. Those are still quite pricey (compared to normal prices) but already way cheaper than the food and drinks prepared on the fest.
You can also go to the supermarket in the village, which also has higher prices than normal, but also still cheaper than on the festival grounds.
Do keep in mind that the supermarket is always flooded with metalheads, and it can be quite a walk

LXE

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
BYO

You can bring whatever you want to the camp. A lot of people BBQ. I've even got away with bringing sandwiches into the main stage area, which is a good way to avoid spending money on the tempting vendor stands.

The festival stand prices seem pretty average (3-7 euros for anything substantial), but you can find some cheaper options at the village biergartens too. I think beer was 3 euros, but you could buy cans at the onsite market (crawling distance to the main festival biergarten) for half that, to save money if you you didn't carry any.

dittohead

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Feb. 2003
You can bring whatever you want to the camp. A lot of people BBQ. I've even got away with bringing sandwiches into the main stage area, which is a good way to avoid spending money on the tempting vendor stands.

The festival stand prices seem pretty average (3-7 euros for anything substantial), but you can find some cheaper options at the village biergartens too. I think beer was 3 euros, but you could buy cans at the onsite market (crawling distance to the main festival biergarten) for half that, to save money if you you didn't carry any.

...stealing is even cheaper :)

lifesadream

14 Nov. 2007
Atlanta,GA
I found the prices to be pretty reasonable. Save your cups regarding beer inside the festival area. 3 Euro's for becks is good. In town the prices are cheaper, The two older ladies selling the Steak Sandwiches for 3 Euros was the best bargin all weekend. half a euro for coffee every morning was great.

VENO

12 Nov. 2008
Portugal
The market idea is pretty good... but I have one question, just to be ready... How much you pay for the Hydromel? Major issue, I'm expecting massive drinking :D

LooseCannon

3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
yeah, wacken is no exception
the food is also overpriced.
But it is allowed to bring your own food, and there are some supermarket stands at the festival itsself. Those are still quite pricey (compared to normal prices) but already way cheaper than the food and drinks prepared on the fest.
You can also go to the supermarket in the village, which also has higher prices than normal, but also still cheaper than on the festival grounds.
Do keep in mind that the supermarket is always flooded with metalheads, and it can be quite a walk

They are pricey.

I usually ate breakfast at a person's yard (where they were selling "hangover breakfast") for what I thought was reasonably priced.I stayed away from the supermarkets when the campgrounds opened.Couldn't stand to wait in line.I ate food from the stands(my doctor would love me saying that*rolls eyes*).

VENO

12 Nov. 2008
Portugal
LOL
I think everyone is only asking to have an idea of what to expect since pricing is distinct for most European countries, of course by the time we're there it wont matter, but I know most of us are massive drinkers (our beer is more alcoholic than the German one, so we need to drink even more) and with this global financial crisis being aware of how much things cost is the same of asking "how's the weather?" it became so natural...

We are used to drink strong and cheap here, so I think it is a relevant issue, because old habits die hard, and metal festival without gazillions of beer .. no way josay :cool:

I personally find food/beverage prices in Germany quite ok, they don't go over the top, so im not very concerned...

metal_martin

16 Nov. 2008
Peterborough, England
My tuppence worth. I thought Wacken was over-priced, but not compared to other festivals I have been to, and last year we were suffering with the Euro/Pound exchange rate against us.

Compared to UK festivals, Wacken is good value. Even better value because of the Wacken beer available fron the site supermarket. And, as others have said, the Town is within walking distance and have even better prices than the festival. Currywurst for breakfast.Yummy.

I have a "wacken jar" where I put my change at the end of the day. Have been saving since then end of this year' festival. This way I can save up and not worry too much about the cost (over £100 so far!!!! - PARTY!!!)

lifesadream

14 Nov. 2007
Atlanta,GA
I guess I am the opposite, I thought the prices were very reasonable. Obviously I am comparing it to the United States at like Ozzfest where beers are 8 bucks for coors lite. But pizza was cheap, and those old ladies with the steak sandwiches in town were great and coffee was half a euro. So I really was okay with the prices. Beer is always where you spend the majority of your money. We filled our cups with the beer we bought at the supermarket.