Big Surprise at Saturday

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Vratyras

6 Aug. 2007
i think you SHOULD care.

Avantasia is a Metal-Opera, "founded" by the Edguy-Singer Tobias Sammet.
It's a big surprise because he said "Avantasia will never play live because it would be to much efford" and because it's a project of 18 musicians who usually play in other bands. It's also a big surprise that they release a new CD in october, every Poewr-Melodic listener longed for it a long time, believe me ;)
The music is really great and it tells an awesome story about loyality, fantasy, the church and saving the world.

sry for my simple english but as you can see its really late now, but i just HAD to write this. avantasia rules, listen to it!!

Spindelta

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Dez. 2006
i think you SHOULD care.

Haha, I should have guessed that German metallers' idea of a big surprise was a synth/power metal band. :p

For me the news that Wacken has booked another dull power metal band is not a surprise at all. ;)

I am pleased though, I thought that the news would be really gay, like 'Trivium for 2008!' Fuck, weren't there a lot of Trivium shirts this year? Trendy bastards, there weren't any last year.

I shall wait for a couple of months and hope that a couple of decent bands get booked, for Maiden, Bodom and Avantasia do nothing for me.

moshmonkey666

24 Nov. 2003
Ireland
www.frontlinewrestling.tk

the thing that worries me is a quote from Holger on the Wacken 2006 dvd:
"Things like metalcore is gettin bigger and better with great bands like Trivium and Bullet For My Valentine, who deserve to play Wacken and some day in the future will play Wacken" :(

Empror1

W:O:A Metalmaster
Wait.. Avantasia is pretty good, but it's not Metal. I'm sharing MoshMonkey's worries, with bands like Bullet, Turbonegro and Dir en Grey (the latter are were downright horrible this Wacken), I'm kinda wandering if this will remain a Metal festival. A well.... Maiden confirmed for 2008 so we'll all be fine. ;) :p

Random_dude_667

7 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
Dir En Grey were absolutely awful, they made my ears bleed horribly, but Destruction made up for it though, they were absoutely amazing!

So was it just Avantasia that was confirmed? Or anyone else as well?

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
The confirmations so far are: Iron Maiden, Children Of Bodom, Kreator and Avantasia.

the thing that worries me is a quote from Holger on the Wacken 2006 dvd:
"Things like metalcore is gettin bigger and better with great bands like Trivium and Bullet For My Valentine, who deserve to play Wacken and some day in the future will play Wacken" :(

They start booking this sort of non metal fucking Bullshit and I wont be attending Wacken.

at Dynamo 2000 I threw rocks at Papa Roach and Linkin Park when they performed and a bottle of warm piss.

zombiecag

3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
Dir En Grey were absolutely awful, they made my ears bleed horribly, but Destruction made up for it though, they were absoutely amazing!

So was it just Avantasia that was confirmed? Or anyone else as well?

He's not lying y'know..
I've completely blanked out DEG from my memory and now I don't even remember what we did to pass the time while they were on..