Best Thrash and Death metal bands?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Pil

Well, this should shut up Supercharger :D

for me, personally:

Thrash:

Slayer (old), and Destruction I think, though Kreator and Sodom kick ass too, but I'm not much into thrash anyway.

And for the softer kind of thrash, old Metallica, and old Iced Earth (NOTS mainly ;))

Death:

Bolt Thrower, and God Dethroned kicks ass too :)

\m/

NP: Immortal - Where Dark And Light Don't Differ

mugabe

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Vomitory is one of the best death bands around. Sadly, I missed them at WOA, simply because it took forever to get into the festival area at the time (early Friday). From what I've read, I wasn't the only one to experience that.

Death-wise I also like Nile and Bolt Thrower. Vader are great as well.

/mug

Lord Horb

25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
uh oh now it's getting more complicated (since death/thrash are my favorite "genres" of metal)...

Death: Dying Fetus - though I liked their old line up better than the new one, the whole Six Feet Under-Cannibal Corpse-Obituary-Catastrophic connection (Castastrophic is definitely the worst out of those)... eh and just tons of other great bands :)

Thrash: Dew-Scented, Destruction, old Metallica, and old
SSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR
:D

Blackwizard69

22 Juli 2002
Roma
Website besuchen
Death metal:

Possessed
Morbid Angel (old)
Cannibal Corpse
Obituary
Deicide
Massacre
Slaughter
Death
Monstrosity
Immolation
Dissection

Amongst the newbies I like Vile

Thrash metal:

Slayer (old)
Exodus (old)
Death Angel
Heathen
Testament (only first album)
Voi Vod (first 2 albums)
Kreator (first 3 albums)
Metallica (first 3 albums)
Dark Angel

I'm gonna stop here, but I could go on forever

Rosk

30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
I won't post a list, 'cause I love a lot of Death/thrash bands.... but right now I'm in fucking love with Dim Mak's new opus Intercepting Fist.
These guys are ex-members of Ripping Corpse and the new album is brutal and technical as hell. Produced by the mighty Erik Rutan (I'm ansious to hear the new Hate Eternal also).

Rosk

30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
I haven't heard them Blackwizard69... thanks for the recomendation!!! I'll track their albums.. I'm always thirsty for the brutal and technical stuff :D :D

Supercharger

W:O:A Metalmaster
26 Juli 2002
Deventer, the Netherlands
Website besuchen
Me keeping my big mouth shut? No fuckin' way :D

Best Deathmetalbands:
Morbid Angel, Hate eternal, Suffocation, Pessimist, Monstrosity, Vader, Incantation, Immolation, Hateplow, Krisiun, Angel Corpse, Nile, Malevolent Creation, Cryptopsy, Dying Fetus

Best trashmetalbands:
Testament, Slayer, old Machine head, Forbidden, old Megadeth, Darkane, Soilwork, Dark Tranquility, Gardenian,

Trash/death:
Impious, The Crown, God Dethroned, At the Gates, Entombed

There you go :D