Best Camping Spots At Wacken

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Aussie Odin

29 Juni 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Does anyone have any advice about the best places to camp in the Wacken camping ground??

I wanted to park our van near the beer booths to reduce staggering distance but my travelling companions thought it might be too noisy.

We'll be arriving on Wednesday morning after we pick up a friend from Hamburg airport.

We'll be the ones with the Aussie flag hangin' from the van.

LEX

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Juni 2004
Mpls. MN USA
www.myspace.com
:D The only place that's NOT noisy is the outter rim (where there are no lights) and the area where cars are forbidden) ;) . Granted close to the wc and beer\food trailers have more traffic and generators, so you're right they will be louder. :cool:
I'd go for a spot as close to the front as possible and not to close to places where people are tempted to relieve themselves. I had my tent 10 feet from a fence the 1st year and had a constant peepshow of people doing their business on said fence alll weekend. It starts getting rank quick :( .
And look out for trenches :p

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
also, if you're not already in a prebooked camping area, you don't get much choice of where to park

the attendants direct you to the camping site based on first come, first serve

My friends arrive early Wednesday morning and usually end up somewhere mid to top of C

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Brat schrieb:
My friends arrive early Wednesday morning and usually end up somewhere mid to top of C
yes, that's quite normal. And C is excellent, if you manage to be there at the right time. Relatively close to the festival area/beer booths :p and there's that shower camp at C. But there's hardly a place that isn't OK. Well, in 2002 we were on......no idea what it's called now; then it was F...the very outer rim, i.e. a very long walking distance to the stages etc. - that wasn't that OK.
I'd say just take what you get and make the best out of it.

Eledhon

28 Jan. 2002
Tampere, Finland
The best places are halfway between shower-points and toilets. The stench won't kill you, and you don't have to haul your drinking water from miles away.

For the last few years I'v camped in the middle of C and liked it.

Melinda

20 Juli 2005
Tampere, Finland
Scheisse. We are coming to Wacken on Thu morning. Any chances to get a "decent" camping place so late?
And off topic, if somebody knows a good hint about keeping beer cold, or at least not-boiling, please let me know! (Fridge is out of question) ;)