Bands 2014 Should I be worried?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Metalworld

22 Feb. 2014
Still waiting...

Well, last post was a month ago, and we are waiting for the announcement of more bands.

I believe in wacken, never dissapointed me, but i think that we need more sugars for the waiting.

In other way, i understand that the Metal scene it's very wide, we have a lot of genres of metal that metalheads wants to see in WOA, but at the moment i only want to enjoy around 5% of the announced bands. No problem, we have beer, food, metal market, beer, shows, beer... but please give us some names...

The Holy Wacken Land is the big metal party in the world, but i can spend my money in other place with my metalfriends without pay 160€ to enjoy less of 50% of the festival, and well, i can buy a lot of beer with it.

We still believe in wacken, but all have an end... give us metal, please!!!!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Wackentom

W:O:A Metalmaster
5 Apr. 2005
zuhause in Niedersachsen
Well, last post was a month ago, and we still waiting for announced for more bands.

I believe in wacken, never dissapointed me, but i think that we need more sugars for the waiting.

In other way, i understand that the Metal scene it's very wide, we have a lot of genres of metal that metalheads wants to see in WOA, but at the moment i only want to enjoy around 5% of the announced bands. No problem, we have beer, food, metal market, beer, shows, beer... but please give us some names...

The Holy Wacken Land is the big metal party in the world, but i can spend my money in other place with my metalfriends without pay 160€ to enjoy less of 50% of the festival, and well, i can buy a lot of beer with it.

We still believe in wacken, but all have an end... give us metal, please!!!!

Jasper said they have some names still on hold! also they have some names they could tell, but be scared for bad words if it´s just not the big name at all, that would not be fair to those bands, so they better be quiet atm.

Metalworld

22 Feb. 2014
I have patience, don't misunderstand me

Jasper said they have some names still on hold! also they have some names they could tell, but be scared for bad words if it´s just not the big name at all, that would not be fair to those bands, so they better be quiet atm.

I'm not refer to big bands exclusively but maybe i was expected some different for the 25th anniversary. I'm talking at the point of "mitical" metal bands of all genres that should be interested to play in the 25th anniversary together with the bands that wacken can look for play. (I know, the business is the business, James H.).

I'm talking about those "big" metal bands in the world should be interested in be a part of the 25th anniversary to enjoy the big metal party in the world with the biggest metal fans in the world.
When i refer to "big" i want to explain that isn't Metallica, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath or something like that exclusively, i'm talking about real references of all metal styles mixed with young references of the "new metal" without forget the newbies bands that needs support.
About this, i have to say yes, wacken have bands like i had mentioned but maybe i expect more wide view about genres.

We have references like Carcass (pioneers of melodic death metal), Emperor (One of the big names of Black metal), Iced earth or Hammerfall (big references of Heavy/Power metal), Hatebreed (Metalcore reference), King Diamond, Kreator, Motörhead, Megadeth, Saxon, Skid Row, Sodom or W.A.S.P., that they don't need explanations but they turn around more or less about big genres of metal.

Now, which kind of "mitical" or "middle age" bands represents other genres? (maybe Napalm Death, Obituary, Cannibal Corpse, Mayhem, Marduk, Fear Factory, Machine Head, Dream Theater, Morbid Angel, Ministry, Death (we miss you Chuck), At the gates, The Haunted... (you know what i'm saying) and, why have more represent the "typical" genres?. This is the point for me.

I don't want to be a troll, be sure of this, i just want to "generate" a healthy debate about "How the metal born, how it's the metal now and what is the future of the metal" and feel the feedback expectation of the bands and fans in this 25Th anniversary.

This gonna be a big part of "history of metal" for all people that gonna meet in Holy Wacken Land next august, bands, organisation, wacken population, police, firefighters, doctors... and for the cows too!!!!.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Some of the bands you mention are already confirmed! Motörhead, King Diamond, Skid Row, Sodom, etc.

I see your point, but I reckon the organisation has its obligations to keep towards the bands they are trying to book!
We just have to wait, I'm afraid.

Magic Metal

W:O:A Metalhead
25 Aug. 2012
I don´t think that the big bands actually are making a difference in the festival.

RAR, Wacken, ... it´s equal -only important that there is a big crowd and big money...

Wackentom

W:O:A Metalmaster
5 Apr. 2005
zuhause in Niedersachsen
I'm not refer to big bands exclusively but maybe i was expected some different for the 25th anniversary. I'm talking at the point of "mitical" metal bands of all genres that should be interested to play in the 25th anniversary together with the bands that wacken can look for play. (I know, the business is the business, James H.).

I'm talking about those "big" metal bands in the world should be interested in be a part of the 25th anniversary to enjoy the big metal party in the world with the biggest metal fans in the world.
When i refer to "big" i want to explain that isn't Metallica, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath or something like that exclusively, i'm talking about real references of all metal styles mixed with young references of the "new metal" without forget the newbies bands that needs support.
About this, i have to say yes, wacken have bands like i had mentioned but maybe i expect more wide view about genres.

We have references like Carcass (pioneers of melodic death metal), Emperor (One of the big names of Black metal), Iced earth or Hammerfall (big references of Heavy/Power metal), Hatebreed (Metalcore reference), King Diamond, Kreator, Motörhead, Megadeth, Saxon, Skid Row, Sodom or W.A.S.P., that they don't need explanations but they turn around more or less about big genres of metal.

Now, which kind of "mitical" or "middle age" bands represents other genres? (maybe Napalm Death, Obituary, Cannibal Corpse, Mayhem, Marduk, Fear Factory, Machine Head, Dream Theater, Morbid Angel, Ministry, Death (we miss you Chuck), At the gates, The Haunted... (you know what i'm saying) and, why have more represent the "typical" genres?. This is the point for me.

I don't want to be a troll, be sure of this, i just want to "generate" a healthy debate about "How the metal born, how it's the metal now and what is the future of the metal" and feel the feedback expectation of the bands and fans in this 25Th anniversary.

This gonna be a big part of "history of metal" for all people that gonna meet in Holy Wacken Land next august, bands, organisation, wacken population, police, firefighters, doctors... and for the cows too!!!!.

totaly agree!
i was just saying what Jasper said last time.

but yea, all we can keep is our hope ;)