Avenged Sevenfold?! ARE THEY SERIOUS?!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

MetalViking

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2007
England
If it's too embarrassing for you to go to Wacken, just have a look at Ebay or this forum here. You'll easily find people who buy your tickets for hundreds of euros, dollars or whatever currency you like. :D
I will still go to wacken this year, as there are some amazing bands on the bill, and iv been looking forward to going to wacken for years
oh and you also forget i booked my airplane flights n shit
But next year i probably wont go, unless wacken get their act sorted

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Very true, it has been discussed. I tolerated all the other shit bands, but AS is were the true posers come out. I remember seeing magazine covers saying that they were the "saviors of Metal". Give me a fuckin' break! I have nothing but hatred for this shitty as mall metal band. :mad:

Do you really want to see this shit at Wacken???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSaBveD7zvA

1. just because they're mainstream metal doesn't mean they're posers.
2. magazines exaggerate everything, don't believe them.
3. avenged sevenfold really isn't a bad band... i don't really care for them myself but there are "true" metalheads in the world that do listen to them.
4. as much as i don't want bands at wacken that i could easily see here, they have every right to be there... although that depends on whether you consider them metal or not. if you can agree that they are metal, then they are welcome at a metal festival.

that is all :D

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
3. avenged sevenfold really isn't a bad band... i don't really care for them myself but there are "true" metalheads in the world that do listen to them.
4. as much as i don't want bands at wacken that i could easily see here, they have every right to be there... although that depends on whether you consider them metal or not. if you can agree that they are metal, then they are welcome at a metal festival.

and as pointless as that probably was, i enjoy arguing about pointless things :D:D

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Keeper

16 Feb. 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I'm just actually listening to them for the first time...
Not half as bad as I had expected. :D Quite okay.
Now playing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRs9z8UfQzY

Why don't you think this is metal?

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZqxl57PeL8&feature=related
This one is really nice. :) Good song.

Edit²:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOsIlLC3s_o&feature=related
Another nice one.

Damn, I'm starting to like them :D

Why don't I think it's Metal??? Because it's not!!! And their fans are lame. Nothing but sad kids that complain that mommy and daddy don't love them. :( Give me strong music for strong people. I don't need to hear about their problems at home. But whatever. This is just going to keep going on and on and on...

bumpzilla

Why don't I think it's Metal??? Because it's not!!! And their fans are lame. Nothing but sad kids that complain that mommy and daddy don't love them. :( Give me strong music for strong people. I don't need to hear about their problems at home. But whatever. This is just going to keep going on and on and on...

only reason they are there is because they are opening up for iron maiden at twickingham, i know its sad. but damn, that is kind of disapointing. why would iron maiden choose them to open for them!!!!!

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach

Damn, how many of those sad kids do you know? I've never met one. The few metalcore fans I know are just as normal as you and me...if you and me can be called "normal".

Strong people? :D
I don't know if you (or anybody else) have noticed the same thing as I did...but in my opinion metal (and I mean METAL, not -CORE) is attracting many many "weak" people, people lacking self-confidence etc., even many people with mental problems. Of course some "strong" people like metal as well. But the amount of people that I wouldn't consider as "strong" is quite striking to me.

I'm not sure if you have really listened to Avenged Sevenfold that much...I was surprised at how manifold their songs are...combining many different styles, good musicians and definitely not all whiny. Quite far away from what I thought was metalcore. And from what I thought when I read this thread. ;)

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
only reason they are there is because they are opening up for iron maiden at twickingham, i know its sad. but damn, that is kind of disapointing. why would iron maiden choose them to open for them!!!!!

They are not the first band of that style that Maiden chose for their tours. :D You never know...perhaps they even like them? I'd never underestimate a Bruce Dickinson or a Steve Harris. :D

Eliael

W:O:A Metalmaster
I'm really amused ...

thanks to kate for the clips.. but the last one in some way remembers me of "Fear and loathing in Las Vegas"

I think there are some bands on the bill which are much worse

and, Bullet will not play at Wacken Open Air this year, because of a tour in the United States (as far as I remember)

so, seize the time and do some other things ;)

WhiskeyFist666

31 Jan. 2008
Los Angeles

Posers defending posers. That's real fucken cute.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien

You're generalising! :(

Didn't you know yet that the metal scene is one of the most openminded of them all!? I guess not.

At least, you may call yourself metal, but you are so narrowminded as the most conservative politician in the UK/US!

Bah! :mad:

En nu stop ik er mee, ik maak me hier nog kwaad zo 's morgens vroeg. Ik heb wel wat beters te doen.