Arrival time question

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Metal_Ste

W:O:A Metalhead
14 Juni 2005
Manchester, UK
Ok guys and gals, I'm due to arrive in Hamburg on the 1st Aug (Tues), would I be ok going up to the campsite on this day or would I have to stay in a hotel that night as I hear the opening time of the campsite is 8am Wednesday morning? I'd much prefer to get a bottle of whiskey and go up on the tuesday.

Cheers

Rojar

17 Aug. 2005
Rostock
enjoy Hamburg for a day. The city is worth a look. And yes the campground is officially open on wednesday. So unless you can find someone in Wacken to let you stay on their property for the night you should find a hotel/pension somewhere.

Metal_Ste

14 Juni 2005
Manchester, UK
cool

cheers for that, wasn't sure if they'd let you on the campsite early or not.

won't really get much chance to enjoy hamburg for the day though as I wont get there until 7pm ish. Nevermind!

Huldran

29 Jan. 2006
Under the sign of the Octagon
In fact, arriving to the camp site on Tuesday isn't a problem, and you won't have to "sleep in the street"; many people will be arriving as early as Sunday. No shit. :)

There is some controversy about early arrival in old threads: some say, they charge some extra money (10 euro???) if you want to camp earlier, some say, it is completely free; however, this time [with this new odd-ass FMB thing] it's really impossible to say for sure.

won't really get much chance to enjoy hamburg for the day though as I wont get there until 7pm ish.
In this case.... honestly, if I were you, I'd have a rest and arrive on Wednesday morning :) ....but you decide.

Metal_Ste

14 Juni 2005
Manchester, UK
is there anyway of clarifying this? and clarifyng if theres a charge? as i'd probably prefer to go up to the camp site on tuesday as it hardly seems worth the cost of a hotel just for a couple of hours in hamburg.

Huldran

29 Jan. 2006
Under the sign of the Octagon
I think, the only way to clarify it is writing a mail to the orgas. As said, with this new FMB stuff, there's hardly any forum member at the moment who knows FOR SURE how it will be.

However:
1. Either way, the "extra fee for early camping" (if any) is likely to be less than the cost of a night @the hotel in Hamburg.
2. said "extra fee" might be already included in the cost of FMB (10 Euro), but, once again - only orgas know for sure.

Metal_Ste

14 Juni 2005
Manchester, UK
mugabe schrieb:
How are we supposed to tell you and Carpathian_Wolf apart, then?

I dunno, I have no idea what Carpathian Wolf looks like! I have a shaved head an beard....and a ninja suit (yes with mask and tabi boots heh)

might get a flag with a shuriken on it too with the union jack.

I've emailed the organisers about early arrivals so i'll post the results on here if I get a reply.