Any1 from Israel ?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
G

Yeaaahhh, finally got a ticket...
I will have to pass a few thousands miles to get to Wacken coz I come from Israel. And will have to go thru Amsterdam coz those morons from Lufthanza want some 1000 dollars for flight to Hamburg :) I would like to know if there are any other ppl from Israel who go there.
And maybe someone knows how long it takes to jam up in a car on the approach to the festival site ? I heard those guys from security check every car, so it may take good piece of time ?

G

well, I´m not from israel and compared to you I live very close ( five minutes by car - sorry - but I had to tell!) but maybe I can help with the other questions. when are you arriving and from where are you coming by car? all the way from amsterdam? not only that that would take ages itself by car - then you´d mostprobably arrive around thursday or friday - right? those days are totally fucked up. there are (traffic-) jams all he way through wacken an yes, the police do check cars! so you can easliy plan in a minimum of two hours more, depending on what do you arrive (thats why I asked!).
hope this helped you a little........... c u in wacken

G

hm, I take around 4 1/2 to 5 hours from here to arnheim. You´d maybe manage six hours if you drive like a maniac and there are no traffic jams on the highways. I´d plan at least seven or more. But whatever you do, don´t miss the chance of checking out amsterdam - it´s really cool. But don´t bring too much dope along to wacken ( if you were thinking about that at all) because that´s also what police look for!
By the way, where are you going to get a car from? Or are you going with friends?
The train isn´t a bad idea. It arrives in Itzehoe and from there you can take the shuttle bus to Wacken (just check out "busshuttle"), but I bet Thrursday that will be pretty full ( Don´t arrive too late. busses don´t drive all night!).
On Sunday it also depends when you leave. In the morning it´s no problem to get away, but the later it gets, the worse the traffic. Police also check when leaving by car if the driver is still "drunk"!

G

not too much, but you never know what people really want in amsterdam!
hope you manage in the planed time...
till then and see u in wacken