Any Australians here???

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Carpathian_Wolf schrieb:
Hasnt been on gere for ages too :p

she's had a lot of problems logging in here since last year

with all the technical stuff in German she can't work her way around it and from what she can remember she is putting in the correct handle and password :confused:

I will see her tonight so will pass on all your regards

dittohead

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Feb. 2003
Brat schrieb:
she's had a lot of problems logging in here since last year

with all the technical stuff in German she can't work her way around it and from what she can remember she is putting in the correct handle and password :confused:

I will see her tonight so will pass on all your regards
give her my greetz ;)

Merkin Farm

2 März 2006
Australia
Hi.

I have no bloody clue what's going on in this thread.

But yes, I'm Australian and going over. Bought tix from Metaltix and they sent them to me pronto. I'm getting my arse over to Hamburg on 1st of Aug and I dunno, find a hotel or something. Any good hotels that are close by to the festival?

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Merkin Farm schrieb:
Hi.

But yes, I'm Australian and going over. Bought tix from Metaltix and they sent them to me pronto. I'm getting my arse over to Hamburg on 1st of Aug and I dunno, find a hotel or something. Any good hotels that are close by to the festival?
buy a cheap tent in Aus and bring it with you :D

if you wish to meet other aussies travelling over join my group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wacken_or_bust/

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Merkin Farm schrieb:
Hi.

In Hamburg?

Hamburg is approx. 45 minutes from Wacken, so I guess you don't wanna go to a hotel during the festival.

And before Wacken? www.hamburg.de

Merkin Farm

2 März 2006
Australia
Quark schrieb:
In Hamburg?

Hamburg is approx. 45 minutes from Wacken, so I guess you don't wanna go to a hotel during the festival.

And before Wacken? www.hamburg.de

Hi. No I wouldn't stay in Hamburg during Wacken. Too far away... Is Itzehoe the best place close by? I would camp but I'll have luggage etc. and don't want to risk leaving it in a tent. Or am I being paranoid or stupid? I just want a close place where I can leave all my stuff safe for the 3 days.

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
unless you've got a car forget staying at Hamburg or Itzehoe - you'll miss half the bands and/or thru the nose for taxis because the last bus has been known to be unreliable.

Cheapest option, if you don't want to take ALL your luggage with you to the festival, leave what u don't need in a locker at either Altona or Hamburg Hauptbahnhof.

If you're staying in Hamburg around the festival in the same place, they may also have a left luggage facility.

Merkin Farm

2 März 2006
Australia
Cheers mate!

Yeah I'll be in Hamburg for a couple of days before Wacken so I'll see if I can leave my stuff there. Anyway, I can't wait to get over there!

PS. Why do these threads go backwards?

Aussie Odin

29 Juni 2005
Melbourne, Australia
I went to Wacken last year and wouldn't stay anywhere but in the camp site. Stick hotels, etc up your arse - I wouldn't swap the atmosphere of the camp site for quids.

There were 4 of us and we hired a camper van and shared the cost. I arranged it through an office here in Melbourne, picked up the van in Frankfurt and just drove straight to Hamburg. It was a bit pricey and you can only hire for a minimum of 14 days but the positives were:

- plenty of shelter when it pissed down with rain;
- slept 3 people comfortably (4th bloke drew the short straw and lobbed on the floor but it was better than a tree);
- security for your things;
- built-in shower and dunny (although we just ended up using the camp site dunnies and pissing on the hedges anyway. And we didn't give a shit about having a shower);
- kitchen for cooking your brekky;
- 15 minute walk to the main stage if you're not out in the arse-end of nowhere;
- decent CD player for playing metal loudly in a futile attempt to drown out the campsite that had massive PAs running off giant generators - awesome;
- and, best of all, a mega fridge for keeping the BYO camp-site beers at an Aussie-preferred icy cold temperature while the poor locals insisted on drinking theirs at room temperate which is a crap idea. It was worth it just for the cold piss!!!!!

dittohead

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Feb. 2003
hmmm i met a coupel f aussies in 2004
andrew and sarah... heyho if your still around :D

they were traveliing around europe...but i think theyre visas probably expired