Anthrax might NOT play Wacken...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
22 Juli 2009
"The members of Anthrax have confirmed the departure of vocalist Dan Nelson. In light of this development, Anthrax's slot on the U.S. Slipknot dates set for August and September, has also been cancelled. Anthrax is already actively considering lead singer candidates, and look forward to hitting the road before the end of the year.

An additional seven European dates are also cancelled, those scheduled from July 22 to July 30. Anthrax is thrilled to announce that they will play the August 1 Sonisphere festival in Knebworth, England, with their good friend John Bush joining them for a very special one off performance."

Source: www.anthrax.com

MTL

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Juni 2003
Wijlre (NL)
www.cu2.nl
The way they've thrown him out is not really sympathetic, but I still hope for Anthrax with Bush on Wacken. Otherwise the line-up for Thursday is becoming really weak.

-R4-

26 März 2006
Italy, Rome
ian scott on metal hammer interview:

We were hoping to do the Wacken Festival in Germany the previous day as well, but the scheduling didn’t work out. As it is, John’s had to change a lot of things around in his life to get to Sonisphere, and we’re very grateful to him.

It says "we were hoping" so i dont think they will play in wacken

Conscious Pilot

24 Mai 2008
North America
ian scott on metal hammer interview:

We were hoping to do the Wacken Festival in Germany the previous day as well, but the scheduling didn’t work out. As it is, John’s had to change a lot of things around in his life to get to Sonisphere, and we’re very grateful to him.

It says "we were hoping" so i dont think they will play in wacken

Yes, I saw that. Unfortunately, I think it is doubtful as well. What was hopeful was that the WOA update from the Orga was after this interview.