Animals in the wild

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
What's the unusual animals you've seen in the wild?

Last night I had the please that for the second time in my life see a Lynx up close, very cool animal.

Last time was about 25 years ago, they are quite rare these animals in Sweden :D

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
wow :eek:
that's so cool!

i'm really love watching animals in the wild. I remember the first time I saw a wild moose in Sweden and wild deer as well...

plus I love squirrels. last year when my father and I were in Vienna at Schonbrunn Palace, we sat in the park and a squirrel came and sat on my lap looking at the food I was offering it in my hand

this weekend I drove through the Blue Mountains to the other side and drove into a forest where I scared a couple of kangaroos :( which I'd known they were there-I would have left the car and walked

About 2 months ago my father and I went mushroom picking - we left at night and slept O/N in the forest to get an early start (and before everyone else :D ) and a wombat run across the road ...they're so cute

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Hedhehogs here in Germany, but I don't know if they count, because I've always seen them in the street, not in the wild :rolleyes:

And as a child I once saw a snake. It scared the shit out of me :D

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Brat schrieb:
i'm really love watching animals in the wild. I remember the first time I saw a wild moose in Sweden and wild deer as well...

I'm pretty spoiled when it comes to see moose, roe deer, reindeer, fallow deer and such.
Also fox, snakes, hedgehog, mink, beaver and smaller animals.

Lynx is very frightened of people though, as is the wolf, wolverine and some of the other predators around these parts.
I just count myself lucky to have seen it (the lynx) twice in my life :)

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Kea birds in New Zealand. They were all over me. Also in New Zealand: One of those giant orca things. Damn impressive. Lots of dolphins in the same waters as the orca, which I ignored out of disinterest.

Many rays in croatian coastline waters. Also quite a large scorpion somewhere there, damn scary.

Hmm, what else? A sea cow before Florida. Beautiful.

And then all the animals which were around where I grew up, mostly chamois (The "Gemse" in german, don't know if there is a proper word in english) and deer. A fire salamander from time to time, and the occasional wild boar family.

Animals I still want to meet:
Tarsier
Wombat
Octopus
Snapping Shrimp
Peacock (I mean a wild one in persia, just wanna see how these stupid birds can actually survive looking like that)
Malayan Tapir

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
monochrom schrieb:
Animals I still want to meet:
Octopus

you never met one? :eek: I did :p
Along with some Percebes at the coast of Portugal, tasty stuff! :D

well, but isn´t "unusual" always depending on where you live?
So what I consider as "exotic" might be pretty normal for people who are living elsewhere :rolleyes:

I met those cool rays and conches in Belize - the conches are cool, they don´t run away so you just can grab and eat them :D
There was also a muray, some barracudas and seahorses :)
And some cool iguanas and funny pizotes in Mexico.

But somehow I guess that doesn´t sound very exotic to a guy like Roskito for example :rolleyes: :D

Also met some wild canarys at the Canary Islands, but well - I guess thats also quite normal there :D