Airline Pricing

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

PurpleOnion86

21 Okt. 2008
BOSTON, MA-USA
What is a good price for airline tickets to Germany from USA? I'm coming from Boston, and looking to tour the country before Wacken so I'm flexible as to where and when I fly in. Are there some cities that are cheaper to fly into than others?

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
I'm flying from Boston too with my boyfriend. I don't know where in Germany is cheaper, but we found flying into Helsinki then to Hamburg to be cheaper than flying straight to Germany. I don't know if that helps at all.

Might want to try http://farecast.live.com and search there. After about a month of searching, that's the place i got the cheapest flights.

slayerizer

W:O:A Metalhead
10 Feb. 2003
www.slayersaves.com
I flew from Philadelphia to Germany last year but I bought my ticket late (mid June) and I few a really nice German airline - the roundtrip was $1300 but you can get some for $900 right now from Boston, just keep looking for flight every day and expedia.com is a very good site to buy tickets you can get a really nice deal there! Good luck!

Deathbringer

13 März 2009
Massachusetts
If you find tickets below a grand, I'd take it. Mine cost me $1350 back in late January. The prices were going up so I figured I'd be safe to lock in, then they dropped. At that point to get to Germany I was going to end up paying $1400, which I really wasn't too keen on.

It seems there's a lot of people from Massachusetts going this year. I met two others at a Turisas show in November.

PurpleOnion86

21 Okt. 2008
BOSTON, MA-USA
I 'd ask if they were 2 guys with long hair, but that wouldn't be to helpful. Haha. It's a pretty small world/state, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a couple of the people I'm going with.

Deathbringer

13 März 2009
Massachusetts
I 'd ask if they were 2 guys with long hair, but that wouldn't be to helpful. Haha. It's a pretty small world/state, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a couple of the people I'm going with.

Actually, one of them is bald surprisingly.

If you go to Paganfest in Worcester this year you'll probably find the whole lot of us pretty easily.

With airfare, the link I gave is reliable. I got mine through Orbitz, which was the cheapest fair at the time. I just got my fairwatch thing saying Hamburg is only like, $950.

LXE

17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
1000+ taxes

You can expect to pay over 1k for RT that time of year.
I found some just under, on a quick search (may not help depending on your dates and arrival/departure cities), but I'm not sure that includes all the fees and shit.
Take a look at Swiss Air (KLM, CO, UA & AA had some possibilities for Jul/Aug right now, too).
If you're travelling around, it's very often a good idea to get open jaw routing (into one city, back home from another city) and don't be afraid to use the cheap interEuro airlines (like Easyjet or Ryan) as long as you don't cut it too close between flights (since delays are frequent and tkts aren't usually refundable).

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
$820 total - from Newark(NJ) to Hamburg (nonstop) and returning from Budapest-Newark (connecting in Amsterdam).

i went through travelocity.com

just bought it yesterday.

if i were to return out of hamburg it would be $390 (super cheap - i saw one ticket left at that price) roundtrip. but im not.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: