After Wacken?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

rice

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
I posted this here to ask those who live in Germany if there are other rock/metal festivals going on after Wacken. (tho i cant read German) I will be in Germany for 2 weeks so I have to kill time and I dont know off hand what else is going on. If not in Germany possibly Austria or Czech area?
thanks

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
metal-festivals which - you might know - also exist in the US

name one that DOESNT suck please and which does NOT include "Ozfest".
Truth is we dont have festivals here like you have there. the security here is super tight (they have to make money too), the beer and food is expensive as hell and everything else is overpriced. This is what brought down Woodstock along with other "events" over the years.
If they were so great here I wouldnt be flying to Europe.

I will tour around Germany and see what I can but I cant exactly plan it since Im without a car and money is limited. Festivals and live shows are easy, i just set up a tent and drink for days. So if theyre any others I can be at Ill try to go. Ill make it to one in Budapest (sziget) which ive been before but thats not until the 10-11th august.

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
OMG! MORE expensive than in Wacken?:eek: Who the hell is going to such money-burning events? The richest of the rich?
Read about why we no longer have "Woodstock" after 1996 and youll understand what i mean.
This is the problem, our money is very bad now. For people like me just trying to get by and have alittle fun every now and then. The flight costs to California where most of the good fests are at or the west coast costs me more to fly there than it does to Germany.
EVeryone is saying Wacken beer is expensive but ive been told you can bring your own liquor in which is what i do to every euro fest i go to. And i never paid so much for a beer at a fest in eruope. Maybe good German beer is worth the extra few euros, so fucken what.
Dont get me wrong i do expect to spend money there but as long as im having a good time its ok. Americans in general show up to local fests here (not even fest, its usually like one day of crappy bands) and it turns into a wreck cause they like to just fight until riots break out and 500 poeple become in jail and hurt and court systems make out the winner. $$$$. So im done with this shit here. Ever since I go to Europe and South America where the parties go on and on and people arent out to start a riot and the system isnt out to make million $$$ in EXTRA on court cases then ill go.