A HEAVY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

rice

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
my new years video at the Garden here in NY. im a closet jam bander. :eek:
no wait, im a jam bander, MOTHERFUCKER!

well atleast for that night I was
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtoeQHJw6yI

southern rock is just so good. anyway had a great great time.

i thought i did a pretty good job recording for being heavily mentally impaired.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

eklof

W:O:A Metalmaster
7 Okt. 2008
Süd-Niedersachsen/Shanghai
my new years video at the Garden here in NY. im a closet jam bander. :eek:
no wait, im a jam bander, MOTHERFUCKER!

well atleast for that night I was
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtoeQHJw6yI

southern rock is just so good. anyway had a great great time.

i thought i did a pretty good job recording for being heavily mentally impaired.

What a great way to start the New Year!

Living very rural, we have nothing like that here. So we took the alternative route. We hiked through the forest to a nearby watchtower on a hill and had a panoramic view over the landscape with blasts of fireworks in the sky above every little village there is.

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
What a great way to start the New Year!

Living very rural, we have nothing like that here. So we took the alternative route. We hiked through the forest to a nearby watchtower on a hill and had a panoramic view over the landscape with blasts of fireworks in the sky above every little village there is.

It was a great show. Of course many people were a few blocks away freezing their asses off outside to see a ball drop. (i can care less)
So this had to be the best indoors New Years party in the city.

Where do you live? If its in Europe , well you have the advantage of BEING IN EUROPE! To me that means youre lucky since outside of NYC thats the only other place i look forward to being/going to. Leaving next week to Europe for 3 weeks, then ill be back again in the summer for Wacken and few other things.

What country are you in?

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
In Germany, it is more or less the geographical middle of Germany, near Goettingen, which is an old university town.

Whereabouts in Europe are you traveling?

Few places. London, Istanbul and Italy this time. Been to Turkiye before but never Italy yet. Im going there mainly for snowboarding in the north but I want to see Rome too so thats where Ill fly back from.
I go to Istanbul because i have a good friend there with a cool flat in the middle of the city with a great view. (I think) London sucks but I have to go there too for a few days. Not many cause ill go broke there fast.

Last summer I flew to London and took a train through every country on the way to Budapest then i just got a car and drove to Bulgaria
Every time i go to Europe i try to hit a few different places during the time im there, whether planned or not. Usually planned around some festivals in the summer though. So this year Ill fly to Hamburg to be at Wacken and then after that,,, dont know yet. Oh yea ill get to see alot of Germany!

eklof

W:O:A Metalmaster
7 Okt. 2008
Süd-Niedersachsen/Shanghai
Few places. London, Istanbul and Italy this time. Been to Turkiye before but never Italy yet. Im going there mainly for snowboarding in the north but I want to see Rome too so thats where Ill fly back from.
I go to Istanbul because i have a good friend there with a cool flat in the middle of the city with a great view. (I think) London sucks but I have to go there too for a few days. Not many cause ill go broke there fast.

Last summer I flew to London and took a train through every country on the way to Budapest then i just got a car and drove to Bulgaria
Every time i go to Europe i try to hit a few different places during the time im there, whether planned or not. Usually planned around some festivals in the summer though. So this year Ill fly to Hamburg to be at Wacken and then after that,,, dont know yet. Oh yea ill get to see alot of Germany!

Sounds as if you've been to more places in Europe than most Europeans.
Is it worthwhile to come all the way here for snow boarding, I thought that there are good places in the States.
London can be interesting, depending on what you like, I lived south of London for some years and went up there once in a while. Just right now the pound sterling compared to the Euro is quite low (how about the dollar?) so for us it would be the right time to go to the UK.
Hamburg is a nice city, if I would have to live in a big German city, I would choose Hamburg.
I hope you'll have a good time in Europe; just right now it is pretty cold and lots of snow where we live. Hope to hear bits about your trip when you come back to the forum. Save journey.

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
Sounds as if you've been to more places in Europe than most Europeans.
Is it worthwhile to come all the way here for snow boarding, I thought that there are good places in the States.
London can be interesting, depending on what you like, I lived south of London for some years and went up there once in a while. Just right now the pound sterling compared to the Euro is quite low (how about the dollar?) so for us it would be the right time to go to the UK.
Hamburg is a nice city, if I would have to live in a big German city, I would choose Hamburg.
I hope you'll have a good time in Europe; just right now it is pretty cold and lots of snow where we live. Hope to hear bits about your trip when you come back to the forum. Save journey.

Im not just coming to snowboard, since im going to be in Europe anyway generally i try to do or see as much shit as possible during the time im there, since each trip alone from the states will cost me pretty heavily. I usually go to and around BC (canada) which is beautiful, maybe every 2 years, but that too isnt cheap. Infact it prob costs alot more between lodging, renting, airfare, trainfare, food, etc.. and thats only for one week.:( i just figured since ill be in italy anyway, why not go.
so IDK, ill see what happens.
yea the dollar is not dropping any more right now, but it doesnt mean its going up either against the euro or the pound. i doubt it even will anytime soon.