• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Well now that's almost everything sorted.

I've never checked, but are there camping chairs for sale at Wacken? I still can't find one the size that I want, and since Wacken is the only festival for which I'll need it this year, I was going to get one when I'm in Germany and donate it to someone when I'm finished with it. When my last chair broke I bought a new one at Summer Breeze and let someone else take it home with them, so I'm hoping I can do the same thing.

Zachia

8 Mai 2012
Well now that's almost everything sorted.

I've never checked, but are there camping chairs for sale at Wacken? I still can't find one the size that I want, and since Wacken is the only festival for which I'll need it this year, I was going to get one when I'm in Germany and donate it to someone when I'm finished with it. When my last chair broke I bought a new one at Summer Breeze and let someone else take it home with them, so I'm hoping I can do the same thing.

i´ thing you can buy one at the "Baumarkt"-Tent in the village.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Now I'm onto working out which trains to catch once I land in Germany. Getting around Germany seems easy enough, but I'm still trying to work out exactly which trains I'm allowed to catch with my rail pass between Germany/Netherlands/Belgium :uff: This is hard work...

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
I think I've got this worked out now. Are regional trains (R) run by Deutsch Bahn? Looks like it, but I can't figure it out for sure...

Yep. Are you doing Eurail? Just about every train works. I never had an issue. There was only one train I ever rode that wasn't DB, that was the one to HOA. Besides that, I never even saw one from a different company.

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Yep. Are you doing Eurail? Just about every train works. I never had an issue. There was only one train I ever rode that wasn't DB, that was the one to HOA. Besides that, I never even saw one from a different company.

Indeed I am. Finally saw the fine print on the website where it said the AKN train was a private rail company. Shame I can't make it this year, but I'll know for next time.

Netherlands and Belgium was a bit tricky, but I seemed to have found a few DB trains that run through them. Sucks that they take so long compared to the trains with compulsory bookings etc. :o

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Indeed I am. Finally saw the fine print on the website where it said the AKN train was a private rail company. Shame I can't make it this year, but I'll know for next time.

Netherlands and Belgium was a bit tricky, but I seemed to have found a few DB trains that run through them. Sucks that they take so long compared to the trains with compulsory bookings etc. :o

Don't be afraid of the ones with recommended reservations. I rode a few of those, and all but once was there plenty of room. The other time we just sat on the stairs and grabbed a seat when someone left. Really wasn't a big deal.

Oh and you know you don't need to worry about DB in other countries? They have their own national rail companies you can use.

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Don't be afraid of the ones with recommended reservations. I rode a few of those, and all but once was there plenty of room. The other time we just sat on the stairs and grabbed a seat when someone left. Really wasn't a big deal.

Oh and you know you don't need to worry about DB in other countries? They have their own national rail companies you can use.

I'm not worried about the ones that recommend reservations as much as the ones with compulsory reservations. I took a couple of ICE train last year without booking a seat (they said I could but didn't have to) and still got one (though I had to move eventually as the seat I took was reserved).

The other rail companies' websites didn't seem to explain quite as well which rail lines were theirs and which were private, 1st class only, etc. I guess I could ask when I'm there, but I'd rather know everything before I go.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
I'm not worried about the ones that recommend reservations as much as the ones with compulsory reservations. I took a couple of ICE train last year without booking a seat (they said I could but didn't have to) and still got one (though I had to move eventually as the seat I took was reserved).

The other rail companies' websites didn't seem to explain quite as well which rail lines were theirs and which were private, 1st class only, etc. I guess I could ask when I'm there, but I'd rather know everything before I go.

I know you were talking about the required ones, I was just throwing you a tip. :p But yea. Best to make sure in advance.