• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

metalhippy

4 Aug. 2008
Wacken 09 is over, and I miss it like hell. It was insane:D
So tell us about your experiences the last few days, the best bands, the people you met or whatever

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Was it as packed as during Maiden's set last year? That was ridiculous but I loved it anyway.

I only had some problems on wednesday evening while we wanted to see onkle tom in the wetstage.. there was lots of mud in the middle so people tried to get around it.. we almost got crushed to death...

but besides that I didn't have any problems with the amount of people this year actually.

This year was great.. without any problem...

To me.. the best performances (in order of appearance)
Fejd
Heaven And Hell
Whiplash
Amon Amarth
EINHERJER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pain

Also i like a lot the shows of :
Sarke
Insidious Desease
Nevercell
Enslaved
Cathedral
Adorned Brood.

Was impossible to see Turisas in Wet Stage, there were a lot of people, they deserved at least Party Stage, IMO

The BIG BIG disappointed... Kampfar cancellation :( and the "secrets shows"

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

slayerizer

W:O:A Metalhead
10 Feb. 2003
www.slayersaves.com
Came back to the States last night...Wacken was great overall, best bands for me were:

Heaven and Hell
Running Wild
Testament
Saxon
Epica
Whiplash
HammerFall
Nevermore
GammaRay
Einherjer
Doro

...sucks that I had to miss Amon Amarth as I was wet and cold as fuck...the weather the night they played was VERY COLD

Anyway Wacken was a lot of fun in terms of camping with friends, having lots of beers, watching some great bands, and the whole atmosphere of Wacken!

I don't know if I'm going next year as it seems to me this year had way more people compared to last so I'll see at the lineups for other festivals...

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
I got to meet with a few people on here who were all cool (though none of you fuckers drank with me much) :mad:

I barely slept much and it went pretty quick I think.

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
Saw an amazing amount of bands this year, met up with people I met last year, been looking for my tent for half an hour at 0430 after some heavy drinking, almost got squashed the first time I wanted to go see Onkel Tom, drank a lot of beer, saw R4 at the second show of Onkel Tom, really enjoyed some new bands (new to me) like Swashbuckle, Insidious Disease and Nervecell (the guys from Nervecell where so grateful, it was almost cute to see), drank some more beerbeen walking around between a lot of people I know, from the forumers to my last BF, to one of my best friends to a former colleague to the guy I like atm, got a bit annoyed by the long walk to the VIP wristband stand, because it was all for nothing (for me at least), ate some weird stuff at the medieval market/village, think that village and the wrestling area are a great idea to spread the visitors, drank even more beer, had fun seeing Holly/Deathbringer riding a mechanical bull, had fun seeing naked guys riding a mechanical bull, did not have fun when I fell over and bruised my ribs, was glad to meet up with all the forumers I have never met before, was also glad to see the forumers I had met before and ow yeah, did I mention I drank beer?

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
There's always next year.:D

though it was a cool fest I dont think Im going next year. Id like to see new places. i didnt think anything would be as great as wacken as far as a metal fest goes but turned out Brutal Assault was really awesome. The weather, the people (czechs are the fucken coolest!), the fortress surrounding the stages, not to mention alot of great bands and its longer.
the parking-lot feeling at wacken just turned me off.
if you do go to wacken you should def check out that fest too in CZ its a few days after and well worth the (i think it was $40 euros to get in).

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
yea, I liked Brutal Assault a lot too... on top of all that it was really beautiful, also extremely cheap :D