Q & A about Wacken Open Air

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
it's not too early, else we wouldn't be allowed :o

just keep in mind they ask a bit extra for the extra days you'll be camping.
It is too early. Regardless how you look upon it.
Because of those too-early-comming people, they have to raise prices of the tickets, because everything must be prepared 4 days earlier. The fact that you pay for it implies that it is not common sense that you come earlier.
But you can have your opinion about it.

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
I usually get a flight on the Tuesday but then I stop in Hamburg for the day. Which kinda goes against the point of iit being chepaer but hell, its an integral part of my Wacken experience.

Jelle1880

4 Feb. 2011
Anyone know if it's sold out ?
Last I heard was about a week ago that there were only 10.000 tickets left.
But now I'm checking metaltix.com, since I got paid today, but I can't select the 3 day ticket ?

noskool

3 Mai 2011
Reserving.

Hello. I have a small issue I don't really know how to solve. I am going alone to Wacken this year, and I will arrive the 3rd (the day before bands start). The problem is that I'm going to meet someone there that comes the day after. They have 4 or 5 tents, and we would really like to make it possible for us to have our tents in the same spot. And I know that we have to be 150 metalheads to reserve a spot.

So do anyone have a sollution for this? How do I, for 24 hours, keep other metalheads away from "stealing" my friends spots?

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Hello. I have a small issue I don't really know how to solve. I am going alone to Wacken this year, and I will arrive the 3rd (the day before bands start). The problem is that I'm going to meet someone there that comes the day after. They have 4 or 5 tents, and we would really like to make it possible for us to have our tents in the same spot. And I know that we have to be 150 metalheads to reserve a spot.

So do anyone have a sollution for this? How do I, for 24 hours, keep other metalheads away from "stealing" my friends spots?

With a bit of luck and a lot of telling people the spots are saved. Some friends of mine did that last year. We had a lot more people though, like at least 6+ tents and a car. I think there were four of them coming the first day. They basically had to have at least one person stay at the camp at all times to tell people that they had to go somewhere else. Don’t think it was too much of a problem. I’d recommend going further away from the stages, so people won’t mind you saving spots as much. It might be a good idea to make friends with your neighbors too, since you’re trying to do it by yourself.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
With a bit of luck and a lot of telling people the spots are saved. Some friends of mine did that last year. We had a lot more people though, like at least 6+ tents and a car. I think there were four of them coming the first day. They basically had to have at least one person stay at the camp at all times to tell people that they had to go somewhere else. Don’t think it was too much of a problem. I’d recommend going further away from the stages, so people won’t mind you saving spots as much. It might be a good idea to make friends with your neighbors too, since you’re trying to do it by yourself.

Or... if you're alone, move the next day, once your friends are there.

noskool

3 Mai 2011
Ok, thanks for the quick reply!

I think I will be struggling to save all of those spots alone, but we'll see how it goes. Or else I can probably lay a big plastic blanket (have no idea what it's called in english) on the ground, and then just hope that no one takes those spots, because I can't stand there all day and night and watch it:p I'll find a sollution!

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007

I think I will be struggling to save all of those spots alone, but we'll see how it goes. Or else I can probably lay a big plastic blanket (have no idea what it's called in english) on the ground, and then just hope that no one takes those spots, because I can't stand there all day and night and watch it:p I'll find a sollution!

Well that's why I said you could make friends with your neighbors and have them help you watch it.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden

A tarp?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarpaulin

I'd say it would be a lot easier for you if you select a camping a bit away from the stages, since you'll have a rather difficult time keeping a lot of good spots for your friends.
Or simply move with your friends when they arrive and find a spot together.

Imagine if you come back and someone has taken one of yout spots, will you ask them to move? That would be a bit strange.

Best of luck though :)

Volkan666

22 Dez. 2009
Metal Train

Hi,

Has anybody taken Metal Train in the past years?

They just released their timetable. I'm going to book my flight accordingly but i'm not sure if they have any delays in general. My guess is since there's no traffic there shouldn't be much, but any real life experience would help a lot.

Thanks.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Hi,

Has anybody taken Metal Train in the past years?

They just released their timetable. I'm going to book my flight accordingly but i'm not sure if they have any delays in general. My guess is since there's no traffic there shouldn't be much, but any real life experience would help a lot.

Thanks.

The Metal Train is a CHARTER train. It has the time table you see. But since it's also running with NORMAL traffic you can have delays of course. (Germany knows also night trains)

Just make sure you're in TIME at the departure station and if possible a few minutes before! (and if no EU flight, don't forget the time at the airport)

Never taken it so I do not know what's it like but you tell me.

berna0

8 Feb. 2011
Rome, Italy
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, just wanted an opinion from you wacken veterans:
I saw that in previous years there were tents to sell directly in the festival grounds, however I could not find on full metal shop (or whatever, forgot the name), which means I would have to take one with me from italy. So, has anyone had any experience with those "pop-up" tents? Obviously they are a lot easier to set up, but I don't know anyone that camps so no way to tell if they are good. The only problem may be the size, it's a huge disk, about 1m in diameter. Thoughts on this? Or better a "normal" one?

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, just wanted an opinion from you wacken veterans:
I saw that in previous years there were tents to sell directly in the festival grounds, however I could not find on full metal shop (or whatever, forgot the name), which means I would have to take one with me from italy. So, has anyone had any experience with those "pop-up" tents? Obviously they are a lot easier to set up, but I don't know anyone that camps so no way to tell if they are good. The only problem may be the size, it's a huge disk, about 1m in diameter. Thoughts on this? Or better a "normal" one?

Second hand, it's easy to set them up, but a DISASTER to fold them together! Unless you have a technical vision, and not like mine.

I have a "semi pup up", you fold it open, pull the cord, and it's set. ANd afterwards, push the frame back, fold the tent, and off you go.