Another top-class W:O:A band affirmation this Friday

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Yanos666

W:O:A Metalhead
6 März 2009
Liverpool
I dont listen to saxon, but Saxon at Wacken is a combination that is pretty essential to make a best of I think since they play the thing every other year anyways! lol they must hold the record for most shows at wacken? that or mambo kurt?

808Metal

W:O:A Metalmaster
30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
Oh, so you're the one ? Nice to meet you !

ok, let's say there are 10 ppl outside of germany who still listen to them.
I suppose they are the same 10 ppl outside of germany that have some interest for RW ? :D

Well yes that makes sense, myself and the other 9 people bought all of the copies of their new CD Into the Labyrinth (excellent CD by the way). Steamhammer/SPV made enough money off of our purchases to justify al of the production cost of pressing only 10. Here's an idea, when Saxon takes the stage at WOA, try and count how many people will be watching them, since it will be only 10 plus their German fans, that should be quite easy to do. And one more thing, remember kids, just because you don't like something, doesn't prove that nobody else does.

Jordan

25 März 2009
Well yes that makes sense, myself and the other 9 people bought all of the copies of their new CD Into the Labyrinth (excellent CD by the way). Steamhammer/SPV made enough money off of our purchases to justify al of the production cost of pressing only 10. Here's an idea, when Saxon takes the stage at WOA, try and count how many people will be watching them, since it will be only 10 plus their German fans, that should be quite easy to do. And one more thing, remember kids, just because you don't like something, doesn't prove that nobody else does.

thx grandpa, even if I may be older than you.

seriously, fact is that RW, Saxon, Doro, Accept, ... are much bigger in Germany than in any other country. That's a fact. Doesn't mean there are no fans oustide of Germany, but the bands are really not that big.

btw, I was being ironic, but maybe irony is something unappropriate for a fan of RW ? (and this is called sarcasm ;) )

Volucria

4 Feb. 2009
seriously, fact is that RW, Saxon, Doro, Accept, ... are much bigger in Germany than in any other country. That's a fact. Doesn't mean there are no fans oustide of Germany, but the bands are really not that big.

Did you compare album sales from all different countries and conclude that these bands are really much more popular in Germany than anywhere else, or did you go to every country and ask all metalheads there what they thought of these bands, or did you just stick "that's a fact" onto your statement because you assume it is?

Just because the bands aren't very popular in your neighbourhood doesn't mean they aren't very popular in the whole wide world except Germany. Don't call something a fact unless you're sure it actually is one.

Jordan

25 März 2009
Because I "know" a certain number of metalheads from different places. My neightborhood, sure, but through forums, etc...

Show me recent fests outside of Germany headlined by RW.

Oh and by the way, is that an offense to say they are big in Germany but not in other countries ?
The only thing that puzzles me is that two "headliners" are of that kindd, and that on the other hand there are no extreme headliner.

splatterhouse

15 Apr. 2008
Motala, Sweden
I can agree that Running Wild and Doro is much bigger in Germany than in other countries. But what I have experienced is that Saxon and Accept is pretty big in the rest of the world and not only in Germany.

Give us some extreme bands now Wacken. SUFFOCATION, JUNGLE ROT, MISERY INDEX, IMMORTAL or something as interesting as them.

Volucria

4 Feb. 2009
Because I "know" a certain number of metalheads from different places. My neightborhood, sure, but through forums, etc...

Show me recent fests outside of Germany headlined by RW.

Oh and by the way, is that an offense to say they are big in Germany but not in other countries ?
The only thing that puzzles me is that two "headliners" are of that kindd, and that on the other hand there are no extreme headliner.

So you know a certain number of metalheads, which is probably less than 0.1% of all metalheads across the world, and you read replies on a few of the countless metal forums, and from this you conclude that all of the metal community outside Germany thinks Saxon/Accept/Doro/RW are not that popular? That's not a fact, that's a generalization.

Also, I wasn't talking about Running Wild alone. RW have been quiet for a really long time and performed mostly in Germany, yes, but they deserve a place on Wacken because they're legendary in the country where the festival takes place. Accept is indeed not immensely popular outside Germany either, though they do have US fans begging them for a US tour before they stop performing and there are many Accept fans in Belgium.
That still doesn't say anything about Doro or Saxon:
- Doro is touring through UK, Belgium, Spain and even goes to China this year
- Saxon is only doing three shows in Germany this tour, one of which is Wacken. The rest of the tour is in the UK, US, Spain, Netherlands etc

Saying that RW isn't that popular isn't an offense, I couldn't care less what you think of them. You, however, were talking about the popularity of RW, Saxon, Doro AND Accept, stating "this is a fact" twice without even being objectively 100% sure that it is one. It's not an offense, it just takes away credibility and sounds pushy.

I agree that there are other bands who would be much better as headliners, though. And I'm still hoping that these will be "top acts" but that the real headliners are still to be announced.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

6dae6mon6

16 Apr. 2009
warschau
So you know a certain number of metalheads, which is probably less than 0.1% of all metalheads across the world, and you read replies on a few of the countless metal forums, and from this you conclude that all of the metal community outside Germany thinks Saxon/Accept/Doro/RW are not that popular? That's not a fact, that's a generalization.

You should compare number of concerts of power metal bands organized in Germany and other countries...

Jordan

25 März 2009
I agree that there are other bands who would be much better as headliners, though. And I'm still hoping that these will be "top acts" but that the real headliners are still to be announced.
oh so we agree on one point, fine ;)

but for the last part of your sentence, refer to the posts where it is said that 2009 "official" headliners are "Machine head, Motorhead, In flames, Heaven&hell, Saxon, RW".

oh and by the way, I maintain what I said : RW, Saxon, Doro, ... are much bigger in Germany. doesn't mean noone listens to them outside of Germany, but I am sorry, this is a fact.

for example, I am not really a fan as well, but bands like Iron Maiden or Judas Priest, ..., clearly have a much more wider aura internationaly.
doesn't necessarily mean they are better, I don't even care to compare, but since we talk about headlining...

I definitely consider WOA'08 Maiden as a real international headliner, and WOA'09 RW as a german-oriented headliner.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: