Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

wattie

6 März 2009
Dijon / BURGUNDY
Wacken is still probably the most crowded festival, but definatly not the best one anymore. and I really hope that they do read the forum, to see how much they are fooling thousands of people who expected something memorable, but for now, it's a real nightmare ...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Jordan

W:O:A Metalhead
25 März 2009
"On April 6th, 2009 around 06.00 pm we post a huge number of new acts!"

Is that the " huge number " ?

WHAT A FUCKING SHAME
That depends what you compare it to : 13 bands at the same time is huge, if you consider that we had two bands announced for the last two months... :rolleyes:

But the real shame remains the 130€ joke-line-up. Any one day festival can offer a better line-up at a much cheaper price.

I guess that's what we call "getting OWNED" :(

L

Lord Soth

Heard the latest news? The "cool" patch inside the Full Metal Bag this year will be replaced by one more suitable:

epic%20fail.jpg

:o:p

unknownone

19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
Just look at this:

Milano Thrash Fest

SODOM
DESTRUCTION
TANKARD
ARTILLERY
DARKNESS
HOLY MOSES
THE PROTECTORS (feat. Protector)
ASSASSIN
BLACKFIRE (feat. Frank Blackfire)
PARADOX
WORTMORD (feat. Grave Violator)

Just look at this tiny tiny festival in Italy. It can put Wacken to shame, both in bands and in price/quality!

L

Lord Soth

Just look at this:

Milano Thrash Fest

SODOM
DESTRUCTION
TANKARD
ARTILLERY
DARKNESS
HOLY MOSES
THE PROTECTORS (feat. Protector)
ASSASSIN
BLACKFIRE (feat. Frank Blackfire)
PARADOX
WORTMORD (feat. Grave Violator)

Just look at this tiny tiny festival in Italy. It can put Wacken to shame, both in bands and in price/quality!

It's the same billing as of the "Witchhunter-Tribute show" this month, on April 11th. I'm not there, since I've already tix for another festival on that date, with a killer billing of pure underground Thrash/Death/Heavy Metal bands from Germany.

Apart from Darkness & Protector I've seen them all before, Protector I'll see in December, leaves only Darkness, which is not so bad then.

But you're right. Even though Wacken is no pure thrash fest, people will go wherever they get the most value for their money and the best party! This year Wacken ain't worth a shitload of used TP. At least for me.

Keep it True alone can blast them away with their billings... :cool:

unknownone

19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
It's the same billing as of the "Witchhunter-Tribute show" this month, on April 11th. I'm not there, since I've already tix for another festival on that date, with a killer billing of pure underground Thrash/Death/Heavy Metal bands from Germany.

Apart from Darkness & Protector I've seen them all before, Protector I'll see in December, leaves only Darkness, which is not so bad then.

But you're right. Even though Wacken is no pure thrash fest, people will go wherever they get the most value for their money and the best party! This year Wacken ain't worth a shitload of used TP. At least for me.

Keep it True alone can blast them away with their billings... :cool:

The thing is:

some of us live in other countries, other parts of the world where we don't get to see great line-ups as this little one in Milano!

And Wacken used to have all kind of different metal styles and that made everyone happy. Now it lacks Thrash, it lacks Death, it lacks Doom, it lacks Black and Folk could be a lot better!

In my particular case, I love a bit of everything but I love thrash more and can't get into power/heavy. In the current situation that means I'm fucked and there aren't that many bands I want to see. And pay 130€ + trip for what, getting drunk and stay in my tent for the most time? I could do that in my fucking room...

wattie

6 März 2009
Dijon / BURGUNDY
That depends what you compare it to : 13 bands at the same time is huge, if you consider that we had two bands announced for the last two months... :rolleyes:

But the real shame remains the 130€ joke-line-up. Any one day festival can offer a better line-up at a much cheaper price.

It's not huge compared to the money I spent and to what I was looking for ...
i thought that they would have given us the FULL line with the running order...

wattie

6 März 2009
Dijon / BURGUNDY
The thing is:

some of us live in other countries, other parts of the world where we don't get to see great line-ups as this little one in Milano!

And Wacken used to have all kind of different metal styles and that made everyone happy. Now it lacks Thrash, it lacks Death, it lacks Doom, it lacks Black and Folk could be a lot better!

In my particular case, I love a bit of everything but I love thrash more and can't get into power/heavy. In the current situation that means I'm fucked and there aren't that many bands I want to see. And pay 130€ + trip for what, getting drunk and stay in my tent for the most time? I could do that in my fucking room...
This is totally true ...
come on bands like Necrophagist, Beneath the Massascre are not that expensive ... and Necrophagist are Germans ...
No death Metal ...I've never seen that before ...

slayerizer

10 Feb. 2003
www.slayersaves.com
These are some of the great bands that are either touring this summer in Europe/Festivals and/or have new albums out, why are they not at Wacken???

Tankard
Candlemass
Grave Digger
Unleashed
Death Angel
Alestorm (why not again!)
Destruction
Equilibrium
Vader
Entombed
Mastodon

there is no question in my mind that if some of these bands were confirmed, a lot of people here would be very happy. Also how much does it really cost to bring some of these bands to Wacken? I really doubt that it's very much and the extra 30 euros from 70.000 tickets sold should easily cover it....

unknownone

19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
Tankard
Candlemass
Grave Digger
Unleashed
Death Angel
Alestorm (why not again!)
Destruction
Equilibrium
Vader
Entombed
Mastodon

And the list can get bigger fast, very fast. There are A LOT of good bands touring europe by that time, major bands!

I cannot understand all this bullshit...is the Orga fucking broke?! Did they spent all the money in "infrastructure"?! If that's not the case, it sure looks like it!