Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Summoned

14 Nov. 2008
POLAND
www.myspace.com
just look at summer 2009 festivals line up.

of course there are some old bands. but year after year there are more modern bands playing some metal-shit like Tracedawn, Callejon, BFMV etc.

i just say that festivals are being more emo than brutal. i don't think this is a metal way.

i prefer oldschool and hate this modern metal piece of shit. metal is brutal.

and i don't want to suffer on festivals listetning how the vocalist is sad becouse his girlfriend broke up.

man, this is not metal. this is way i am not satisfied with the tendency of emo/hard/metal/deathcore grow up

L

Lord Soth

and i don't want to suffer on festivals listetning how the vocalist is sad becouse his girlfriend broke up. ...

Yeah, should be more like lyrics about "how the vocalist is joyful, because he just dismembered, then fucked and ate his girlfriend's grandmother....:D:D

But then, there are so many festivals where you can actually see many heavy, oldschool, or brutal bands and almost no emoshitmaggotfuckinbastardcrap whatsoever....

Astrum

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
just look at summer 2009 festivals line up.

of course there are some old bands. but year after year there are more modern bands playing some metal-shit like Tracedawn, Callejon, BFMV etc.

i just say that festivals are being more emo than brutal. i don't think this is a metal way.

i prefer oldschool and hate this modern metal piece of shit. metal is brutal.

and i don't want to suffer on festivals listetning how the vocalist is sad becouse his girlfriend broke up.

man, this is not metal. this is way i am not satisfied with the tendency of emo/hard/metal/deathcore grow up
Man, how old are you? 16? You sure sound like that. I cut this "tr00&evil" bullshit in my early metal years.

.k3

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Jan. 2009
Frankfurt
My mistake - there is one HC band "Wallas of Jericho". And they kick most brutal ass.

You forgot Kingdom of Sorrow. I don't think the genre Sludge catches the Music of Kingdom of Sorrow. Hardcore is a better description for that. And to compare Tracedawn with Callejon and BFMV is a bit disgusting... But i think there are also good Hardcore/Metal Bands but mostly not confimed on Wacken ;)

Metal-Thor

6 März 2009
Valhalla, Iceland
I think Tracedawn are very reminiscent of Scar Symmetry (whom I'd like very much to perform at Wacken), so they have not much in common with the new modern metal trend as far as I'm concerned.

Summoned

14 Nov. 2008
POLAND
www.myspace.com
hmm.

i think you don't understand what i say.

i am not warrior of trv metal. i just not accept that metal is going to strange, Core way.

of course that some fests have better line up. but i go to wacken. and in comparison to last years this billing is really shity.

i am from poland and there the meaning of "metal" is mucz more brutal than in europe. maybe we are not understanding, but in my opinion there is too much nu-bands and too less oldschool. and if you are happy to see core/emo/nu bands on wacken - this is yours buisness. but i don't accept it

Da_Wishmaster

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Okt. 2008
Schweiz
www.mindpatrol.ch
hmm.

i think you don't understand what i say.

i am not warrior of trv metal. i just not accept that metal is going to strange, Core way.

of course that some fests have better line up. but i go to wacken. and in comparison to last years this billing is really shity.

i am from poland and there the meaning of "metal" is mucz more brutal than in europe. maybe we are not understanding, but in my opinion there is too much nu-bands and too less oldschool. and if you are happy to see core/emo/nu bands on wacken - this is yours buisness. but i don't accept it

I see only two core/emo/nu bands...BfmV and Callejon. If you don't like them, don't go and watch them. They try to have bands from all subgenres and in my opinion are bands like BfmV and Callejon not falsh, while there are only a few of these. And a few black metal, a few death metal, a few power, a few thrash etc. The good mix has to exist.

L

Lord Soth

Guess you (and others like me) would be very, very happy to see bands like Vader, kat, Turbo, Dragon (CZ), and others, plus some of oldschool Death, Thrash and Heavy Metal bands there. I also cannot understand what these crappy bands are doing on the 20. (TWENTIETH!!!) birthday of such a reknown and hailed festival, instead of others from the past who made it that big.... thought it was going to become a happy party with allstar guests from the past, plus some up-and-coming new bands, who really kick some serious ass! But, as always, MONEY TALKS! I.e. the record companies/distributors. The smaller - but sometimes way better - bands cannot afford to get a decent slot on the billing, since they have to pay to play (as I heard last year from the vocalist of WARBRINGER, who had, or rather their label had to, pay about 3000 USD or so he said to get a slot on the WET stage on saturday). Sad but true...

But let's wait till the whole billing is complete, so we can really complain, or maybe they get the turnaround somehow... ;)

statutory ape

13 Apr. 2008
Bergen norway
Im a huge fan of the entire wacken festival and every year ive been there ive almost nearly had no time where im not off to see a band, but this year it seems to me so far that it won't happen this year as ive only seen a few bands that interest me.

What happened to the awesome line ups we've been having the last couple of years? just last year i had about 15 bands i wanted to see around this time.

Mü_Exotic

W:O:A Metalgod
7 Aug. 2006
Guess you (and others like me) would be very, very happy to see bands like Vader, kat, Turbo, Dragon (CZ), and others, plus some of oldschool Death, Thrash and Heavy Metal bands there. I also cannot understand what these crappy bands are doing on the 20. (TWENTIETH!!!) birthday of such a reknown and hailed festival, instead of others from the past who made it that big.... thought it was going to become a happy party with allstar guests from the past, plus some up-and-coming new bands, who really kick some serious ass! But, as always, MONEY TALKS! I.e. the record companies/distributors. The smaller - but sometimes way better - bands cannot afford to get a decent slot on the billing, since they have to pay to play (as I heard last year from the vocalist of WARBRINGER, who had, or rather their label had to, pay about 3000 USD or so he said to get a slot on the WET stage on saturday). Sad but true...

But let's wait till the whole billing is complete, so we can really complain, or maybe they get the turnaround somehow... ;)

oh yeah, there´re bullet, callejon and walls of jericho - an incredible amount of three bands that might be more core than metal. :eek::eek::eek:
thats really the ultimate proof for the influence of new shitty bands/companies/distributors.
and until now about 30 bands are signed. I see that the festival is completely submerged by nonmetal bands. :o

L

Lord Soth

oh yeah, there´re bullet, callejon and walls of jericho - an incredible amount of three bands that might be more core than metal. :eek::eek::eek:
thats really the ultimate proof for the influence of new shitty bands/companies/distributors.
and until now about 30 bands are signed. I see that the festival is completely submerged by nonmetal bands. :o

*slap* :o :D

No, I didn't complain 'bout a Core-infested line-up. But the rest of the billing is - compared to previous years - still shitty. Nothing which really sticks out, no real highlights en masse like before. And compared to Hellfest, which has an EPIC AWESOME line-up this year, that of Wacken (up to now that is;)) just stinks.

I'm gonna go call Chuck Norris so he'll serve some serious Roundhouse Kicks till that changes.:D:p

Summoned

14 Nov. 2008
POLAND
www.myspace.com
bands like GWAR, Epica, Tristania, Kingdom Of Sorrow, Tracedawn or walls of jerycho are also not much metal.

ok, i understand that money rules the world, but i believed that wacken is out of that.

old bands are being too "old" to be on top. companies promote new bads, with gay-boys and tity-girls. they are young and will bring money by next 30 years.

Fat ED schrieb:

we will see, i realy hope to see some brutal bands.