Q & A about Wacken Open Air

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

[v]etalhead

9 Jan. 2008
I am getting a little desperate regarding these tickets.

I want to know how to order my ticket and pick it up at the festival. I have setup an account on Metaltix and started to go through the ordering option, but there is no option to pick up at the festival?

I email them and they said this.

"Hello

We only can offer you that you send us your address and which kind of payment do prefer and then we´ll processs your order and to deposit your order directly at the Festival site.

Best regards"

I didn't fully understand this as how would they know to send the ticket to the site. I have sent another email.

Does anyone know more about what im trying to do?

Thanks

Mindfucked

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Aug. 2007
Stockholm, Sweden
Hi!

Still a couple of months left to what will be the highlight of my 2008!

I have 2 questions just to check out:

What papers will be needed? Ofcourse; Passport, Wacken Ticket, European Union insurance card.

Myself and 3 other mates will be 17 at the time and the other 2 will be 16.
Will we have any problems in buying the much needed festival beer?
Will they shove us of the grounds at 00.00?

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
I think the papers you named are sufficient.
You should perhaps xerox your passports just in case you lose them. And then of course not keep the copies at the same place as the original documents. :D Might help when you have to contact the embassy of your country (where are you from?).

For your real important stuff such as flight tickets, passports etc there are lockers at the festival which you can use to protect your stuff. It's not really expensive.

Regarding the second question: When you're 16 you are allowed to buy beer and wine (including mead :D) in Germany, but not the stronger stuff such as vodka, whisky etc. You should take your ID or something with you when you buy alcoholic beverages in the Wacken supermarkets (in the village) just in case somebody asks you. Which is happening more and more often nowadays as many young people in Germany tend to illicitly buy alcohol and then end up in hospitals.
On the festival itself people are much too busy to ask you for your age. Tell them what you want and you'll get it. :) As long as you don't look like you're 12.

And no, although you are officially not allowed to stay on the actual festival area when you're 16 or 17, they won't shove you off the festival area at midnight. :D Nobody's really controlling that. If you want to play safe just don't leave the festival area at night until you really want to go back to the campground.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Mindfucked

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Aug. 2007
Stockholm, Sweden
This all sounds really nice. We don't really need to buy anything stronger than beer since we want to remember most of the festival :)

We are from sweden and will be taking a coach from stockholm city down to wacken a couple of days before. Will the camping be open before wacken starts so we can have some old fashion camping there? :)

I think the papers you named are sufficient.
You should perhaps xerox your passports just in case you lose them. And then of course not keep the copies at the same place as the original documents. :D Might help when you have to contact the embassy of your country (where are you from?).

For your real important stuff such as flight tickets, passports etc there are lockers at the festival which you can use to protect your stuff. It's not really expensive.

Regarding the second question: When you're 16 you are allowed to buy beer and wine (including mead :D) in Germany, but not the stronger stuff such as vodka, whisky etc. You should take your ID or something with you when you buy alcoholic beverages in the Wacken supermarkets (in the village) just in case somebody asks you. Which is happening more and more often nowadays as many young people in Germany tend to illicitly buy alcohol and then end up in hospitals.
On the festival itself people are much too busy to ask you for your age. Tell them what you want and you'll get it. :) As long as you don't look like you're 12.

And no, although you are officially not allowed to stay on the actual festival area when you're 16 or 17, they won't shove you off the festival area at midnight. :D Nobody's really controlling that. If you want to play safe just don't leave the festival area at night until you really want to go back to the campground.