Wacken security

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

old1eye

8 Juli 2007
Hi, all
I'm going to Wacken for the first time this year, and there are a few things I'd like to know.
Firstly, are there any issues with thievery, things being stolen from tents, etc? If so, is there anywhere I can leave anything valuable?
Secondly, I might need to camp on my own. Will this be safe? At festivals like Glastonbury, tents were cut through to get wallets and valuables. Given the likely quantities of drunken metalheads, I'm a bit concerned about this.
Lastly, is there anything I should really, really know?
Thanks.

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
Hi, all
I'm going to Wacken for the first time this year, and there are a few things I'd like to know.
Firstly, are there any issues with thievery, things being stolen from tents, etc? If so, is there anywhere I can leave anything valuable?
Secondly, I might need to camp on my own. Will this be safe? At festivals like Glastonbury, tents were cut through to get wallets and valuables. Given the likely quantities of drunken metalheads, I'm a bit concerned about this.
Lastly, is there anything I should really, really know?
Thanks.

Leave really valuable stuff at home!
Of course stuff gets stolen, that probably happens at every festival.
I have never heard of tent getting cut through or something similar at Wacken. If you are worried, best thing is to keep your valuables close to you. It looks really oldfashion but stuff like hipbags are close to your body and can be put underneath your shirt.

And if you want to bring valuable stuff coz otherwise the way home will be so boring, there are lockers available, but best thing is to reserve those. I think they will be filled quite fast.
You can find info on that on the main page

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
At a Metal festiavl things like that are a hell of a lot less rife than somewhere like Glastonbury. I'm sure things do get stolen but I've never heard anybody being unfortunate enough to have this done to them. Just be sensible with your belonging and what you take.

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
This year there were the first cases of theft by cutting through tents...at other German festivals. Never heard of anything like that in Wacken before, actually Wacken has always been very "peaceful" regarding crime - of course some things got stolen but not that way. But I bet this phenomenon will happen in Wacken as well in the future. So if you want to be sure, rent one of the lockers if you can't store things inside your car. Be careful with important things you have to bring, such as your passports, tickets or money.

Iscariot

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
I agree with the rest, I'm going to wacken for several years now and I never heard or experienced things like that. The atmosphere was always good and I think everybody is there to have a good time. I never been to other german festivals but maybe the location of the festival also has a role in it. Wacken is quite far from an urban environment so there are maybe not so many opportunists there who arent there for the party.
But indeed if you have valuable things you can't wear or put in a car you should rent a locker.

And I think it's no problem to camp alone, You actually camp with thousands of people and you surely meet some interesting people there who might also help you out.