Some Berlin tips, please

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

mugabe

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Yo,

Me and (the new) Mrs Mugabe are going to Berling over a few days next week, and I'd like some tips on what to do. I've already planned the DDR museum, the Museuminsel, the zoo, the Holocaust memorial and the KaDeWe.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
There is a really great, and affordable Turkish restaurant in the Uhlandstr!
The zoo (Zoologischer Garten Berlin) is pretty cool as well

dunno what you where planning on doing, but Berlin is a great city to go shopping.

and something to keep in mind is that the u-bahn is a great way to get around bút it can be very busy and somewhat of a rollercoaster ride.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
www.rock-it.de (a tip from Fedasil ;))

And Checkpoint Charlie and its museum, if that isn't already one of your plans.

And see the Mauer in the Warschauer Straße (near the U-Bahn station) No way that you can take a peace of it with you, but it is still there.

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
zoo aquarium. Don't know too much about Berlin, sorry.
But much more important: When will we get introduced to the new Mrs mugabe?! :eek: :)

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
"Für viele Berliner ist ein ROCK IT Besuch die erste Erinnerung an Ihr Erwachsenwerden."

Hmm. I could use a taste of the grown-up world, admittedly.

And Checkpoint Charlie and its museum, if that isn't already one of your plans.
Did that in 1990.

And see the Mauer in the Warschauer Straße (near the U-Bahn station) No way that you can take a peace of it with you, but it is still there.
Good tip, thanks. I got a piece of it in 1990, come to think of it. Hacked it out myself, assisted by the guy who was supposed to guard it. Nice fellow.

The new, upgraded Mrs Mugabe has let me know that Wacken is not an option. If we like Berlin, we'll probably take more tours of Germany under civilized circumstances, though.

BTW, what are the specialties of the Berlin cuisine? Sülze? Berliner Weisse?

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
There is a really great, and affordable Turkish restaurant in the Uhlandstr!
The zoo (Zoologischer Garten Berlin) is pretty cool as well

If you want to take a look at animals in Berlin, visit the aquarium. Which is next to the zoo, conveniently. This is about as cool as aquaríums get.

I also love the ethnologic museum in Berlin-Dahlem. It has huge Jaina shrines, polynesian huts and boats to sit in and great stupid looking indio stone heads.

If you have nice weather and want to get a little out of the city, how about a nice walk on the Pfaueninsel at the Wannsee? It is something upper-middle-class people in the 19th century would have done, but what the hell.

The nightlife is easy. Go to Prenzlauer Berg or Kreuzberg and sit in anything that looks a bit punky and/or strange. There should be hundreds of places like that.

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Good tip, thanks. I got a piece of it in 1990, come to think of it. Hacked it out myself, assisted by the guy who was supposed to guard it. Nice fellow.

The new, upgraded Mrs Mugabe has let me know that Wacken is not an option. If we like Berlin, we'll probably take more tours of Germany under civilized circumstances, though.

BTW, what are the specialties of the Berlin cuisine? Sülze? Berliner Weisse?

Tell Mrs Mugabe V2.0 that it really isn't all that horrible and metal. Don't show her photos, though. Instead, show us photos of her so that we can approve.

Berliner Weisse is complete and utter tourist crap, which only idiots drink. I usually make a point of having as much as possible so that the waiters hate me (Easy, Berlin is famous for its unfriendly waiters). Take the Waldmeister variant, not the girly strawberry stuff.

If you want something without alcohol, the local lemonade is called Fassbrause. I love it, but usually people don't.

Famous Berlin food - hmm, like many cities they claim they invented the Currywurst. It's usually quite good. What else? Gepökeltes Eisbein maybe, Falscher Hase or Bollenfleisch. I don't think they really have got their own cuisine.

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg

thats a pity. Doesn't seem to be so much upgraded, huh? ;)
Anyway, yes, show us photos and if we agree bring her to Hamburg :D

martinsys

26 Juni 2007
wieder in Deutschland
www.last.fm
i've been to Berlin one time and i were there only one day. This boat or ferry or ship in Berlin's river. i think that's a must. only for an hour we can see nearly all Berlin's tourist's places from the riverside. its beautiful.