From Los Angees, CA to Wacken - HELP-

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
15 Apr. 2007
Somewhere in Time
Greetings, cheers and hails to everyone!

As my first post here I’d like to say that after viewing a lot of topics and threads on this forum, everyone seems very friendly and easy going. I can’t help to notice that everyone knows each other here, so it seems!

Moving on. .

I am trying my complete and VERY hardest to attend WOA/Germany this year. This lineup is just TOO fukin amazing. Getting better and better by the week/s.
This is definitely something I want to be a part of.
I’m tired of looking at the DVDs and torturing myself. After many years of doing so, I will now take the initiative to make it to Germany –hopefully! haha

So far my plan is the following:

- Once in Hamburg I will take one of those shuttle busses (the one that’s posted in the main Home page) to WOA.
It says ‘Weekend ticket (Wed-Sun) 60,00 Euro’ Where can I order this ‘ticket’? and how much is 60,00 to US$ currency?

Also, is there a website somewhere that can translate Euros to US$ currency? I’d hate to ask over and over how much is this and that, etc.

According to the schedule, if I understood correctly, it will take off on Wednesday at 5:00pm from Hamburg to WOA- Is this correct?
And on Sunday August 5th the shuttle bus will depart from WOA at 11:00AM?
Is this correct, too?

Is this ‘shuttle bus’ located next to Remedy Records? How do I get to Remedy Records from Hamburg airport?

I have plenty more Qs and concerns regarding this hellfukk trip to Germany/WOA. But I’ll leave it as this for now. .

--Please excuse any stupid /ignorant questions I may have asked, its my first time here! haha-

A million thanks and cheers to anyone with ANY tips and info regarding the aforementioned.
I want this to be a 100% supreme killer experience, so ANY info will help!

Thanks again!

-H

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Greetings, cheers and hails to everyone!

As my first post here I’d like to say that after viewing a lot of topics and threads on this forum, everyone seems very friendly and easy going. I can’t help to notice that everyone knows each other here, so it seems!

Moving on. .

I am trying my complete and VERY hardest to attend WOA/Germany this year. This lineup is just TOO fukin amazing. Getting better and better by the week/s.
This is definitely something I want to be a part of.
I’m tired of looking at the DVDs and torturing myself. After many years of doing so, I will now take the initiative to make it to Germany –hopefully! haha

Here I ask if there’s anyone from Los Angeles, CA (or nearest city to it) that is attending this year?
Chances are I will be heading to WOA by myself.

So far my plan is the following:

- Take off from LAX airport on July 31 (Tuesday), fly to and arrive in Hamburg on August 1 (Wednesday) [time has not been established, I figure the earlier the better]
- Once in Hamburg I will take one of those shuttle busses (the one that’s posted in the main Home page) to WOA.
It says ‘Weekend ticket (Wed-Sun) 60,00 Euro’ Where can I order this ‘ticket’? and how much is 60,00 to US$ currency?

Also, is there a website somewhere that can translate Euros to US$ currency? I’d hate to ask over and over how much is this and that, etc.

According to the schedule, if I understood correctly, it will take off on Wednesday at 5:00pm from Hamburg to WOA- Is this correct?
And on Sunday August 5th the shuttle bus will depart from WOA at 11:00AM?
Is this correct, too?

Is this ‘shuttle bus’ located next to Remedy Records? How do I get to Remedy Records from Hamburg airport?

I have plenty more Qs and concerns regarding this hellfukk trip to Germany/WOA. But I’ll leave it as this for now. .

In addition, I am planning to do a 2 week trip in Germany. First weekend for WOA, following weekend, Party.San in BadBerka
Is anyone doing the same type of excursion?
Perhaps we can share tips/plans. . .

--Please excuse any stupid /ignorant questions I may have asked, its my first time here! haha-

A million thanks and cheers to anyone with ANY tips and info regarding the aforementioned.
I want this to be a 100% supreme killer experience, so ANY info will help!

Thanks again!

-H

€1 = $1.35 so €60.00 is $81.00

If you google for currency converter, you should be able to find some. Most banks have one.

From Hamburg Airport the best way is to take the Airport - Express to Hamburg Hbf. and then the S-Bahn. (S21 or S31 to Holstenstrasse)
And those tickets can be ordered at Remedy itself. Address is mentioned in that section where you found the info. (last line)

But cheaper, and more exiting is to go to Hamburg Hbf (=main station) or Altona, and take a train to Itzehoe. There is a shuttle waiting for you to bring you to Wacken. My guess is that this weekend tickets allows you to go to and back from Wacken every day. If you want to camp, that's way too expensive to pay these $81.00!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
15 Apr. 2007
Somewhere in Time
Thanks for the info, Quark!

In responce to a few of your points..

- So I wont have to 'reserve' any tickets for this 'shuttle bus' and can be purchased directly in person at Remedy records? How can I be certain they wont 'sell out'?..

- $81 is rather pricey. What is 'Itzehoe' ? I crossed that word various times now... city/town?:confused:

- Do you advice if I were to camp in WOA, not to take this shuttle bus?

I was told that it's perhaps best to take a cab from the Hamburg airport to WOA and split the costs with others heading there. Is this a wise choice as well?

As for camping, I read in the mainpage that if you're in a party of 150 or more heads that a reservation is needed. To track down how many cars, tents, etc.

But for one person as my self, do we have to reserve anything?
How I'm envisioning this is that ..one just shows up to the camp ground, finds an empty spot and sets up there.
Or does it not work like that?

I was told that there's a possibility of joining a group or something of the sort...?:confused:

Sorry for any stupid Qs once again, just trying to make sense of all this damn thing! haha

Many thanks in advance to you & anyone else with ANY info!

-H

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Camping is pretty much your only and best option.

If you're not part of a group you're not allowed to camp at the "best" camp sites, but you will always find a spot, camping is included in the ticket price.

Itzehoe is a town and train stop, these shuttle busses to/from Itzehoe you don't have to pre-order tickets for.

About the Remedy Records bus you probably need to order in advance.

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
here's my advice.

http://www.xe.com/ucc

-taking taxis is dumb. avoid.

-getting involved with Remedy Records is dumb. avoid.

-Follow instructions in my semi definitive guide to get to wacken. The closer you get to wacken, the more metalheads you will see. a lot of which talk english and should hopefully be up for helping out a wacken newbie (though some are assholes, as they are mere humans). some might make some dumb comment about you being american because they are idiots. ignore these people or drink as much of their beer as possible before leaving them to find cooler people.

-camp in wacken. for just about all areas, you can simply set up a tent anywhere.

-yes, a lot of us know eachother cause we meet up at wacken. but we're always like meeting new people. post on these boards and come meet us all at the english forum get together and we'll get drunk and party.

and if you see a guy in a hawaiien shirt and a civil war unionist kepi drinking whisky and talking loudly. that will be me. I kick ass.

15 Apr. 2007
Somewhere in Time
Thanks to Gnoff, Sam and Zombi for the info!

So what would be the ‘best’ and/or ‘cheapest’ move – train or shuttle bus to Itzehoe?
From Itzehoe, how much further to WOA camp ground?
Is it walking distance or must I take another form of transportation there?

I guess my only definite sign from this point is if I see any headbangers nearby. Presumably this will indicate that I’m near…

Haha, will they know I’m American right from the start???
I wondered a bit if I were to receive any ‘comments’ regarding where I come from..
I’ll definitely keep an eye out for a loud speaking guy in a Hawaiien shirt drinking whiskey!

Also, as for the camping deal, I’d hate to be really far away from the fest ground; I hear it’s a far walk. How do I get to be part of a ‘group’ to obtain a good camping spot?
Is there a place to sign up or something of that sort?

Haha, Meeting the lot of ya seems rather fun, is there some sort of 'WOA Forum' tent somewhere ?

In/near the camping ground, are there any electric outlets that the attendees/campers may use?

Many thanks once again for all the help/tips and advice!
Cheers!
-H

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
- $81 is rather pricey. What is 'Itzehoe' ? I crossed that word various times now... city/town?:confused:

- Do you advice if I were to camp in WOA, not to take this shuttle bus?

its not the shuttle which costs 81 $ but the whole festival!
And there's no reason why you should or should not take the shuttle bus if you want to camp. Camping and the busses have got NOTHING to do with each other.
Its just that Zombi hates Remedy Records so he says you shouldn't take those busses :D

So what would be the ‘best’ and/or ‘cheapest’ move – train or shuttle bus to Itzehoe?
From Itzehoe, how much further to WOA camp ground?
Is it walking distance or must I take another form of transportation there?

yes, there are buses going from Itzehoe to Wacken (festival area, of course). Wacken is a small village near the town called Itzehoe. Wacken doesn't have a train station, but Itzehoe has.
So you either go by train to Itzehoe and then by (shuttle-) bus to WOA, or you go the whole way by shuttle bus from Hamburg. I _guess_ the train option is a bit cheaper, but I think there's not much difference when it comes to costs.

Also, as for the camping deal, I’d hate to be really far away from the fest ground; I hear it’s a far walk.

its only a far walk when you arrive too late and get a bad camping spot.

How do I get to be part of a ‘group’ to obtain a good camping spot?
Is there a place to sign up or something of that sort?

um, I guess thats too late now as the deadline has been some time ago...

Haha, Meeting the lot of ya seems rather fun, is there some sort of 'WOA Forum' tent somewhere ?

not a tent, but a camp, yes. Which is located usually on campground L.

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
Well we certainly weren't part of any group last year but we managed to camp a brisk walk away from the arena entrance and you could actually see the mainstage from where we were camping....mind you it ensured that absolutely no sleep was had till gone 3 in the morning..

15 Apr. 2007
Somewhere in Time
Well we certainly weren't part of any group last year but we managed to camp a brisk walk away from the arena entrance and you could actually see the mainstage from where we were camping....mind you it ensured that absolutely no sleep was had till gone 3 in the morning..

That sounds like a damn good view you got.
So did you get there very early to obtain this spot?

Are there 'gates' or something, to the entrance of WOA campground? If so, what time does it open?

and

what time does the last band play on each night or does it vary per night?

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
That sounds like a damn good view you got.
So did you get there very early to obtain this spot?

Are there 'gates' or something, to the entrance of WOA campground? If so, what time does it open?

and

what time does the last band play on each night or does it vary per night?

Officially Wed. August 1, but it opens earlier. No curfew what so wver! (so if you want to enter at 4am, you just do so.

And the last band plays about 1.00 - 1.30am till 3am but it varies per night.