!!!Please Read!!! I need your help!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Mjollnir

W:O:A Metalhead
Hello everone,

My name is Ben and I am currently participating in a student exchange program. I´m living in a small town called Heinersdorf, about 30km from the Polish border... About 70km from Berlin.

I need your help.

Part of the rules of the program mean that I am not allowed to take time of school. I think I would be able to win over my host family into letting me go... but it´s going to be hard.

All I really know is that I need to go to Wacken 07. I have only been here for 2 weeks and have made no friends that are really into metal like my mates back in New Zealand.

What am I to do? Do I just run off to Wacken and put the remaining 5 months of my exchange at risk? I suppose that would be the real metal thing to do...

Can anyone offer me some advice?

Or if you like metal, are intending on going to Wacken and live near Berlin (or know someone that does) could you reply to this message? As I need friends.

Well, that was the most queer post I have ever made on any forum. But hopefully I get some reply.

Cheers guys,
Ben

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Have I understood you correctly that the only problem is that you could not attend school when you go to Wacken?
But Wacken is during the summer holidays in Brandenburg anyway... :confused: holidays are from July 12 to August 25 this year.

Or - how old are you? If you're under 16 this could be another problem.

catlash

21 Nov. 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
When I was in high school I worked avidly with the exchange program all four years. If your school is not out for holiday during Wacken you must not brreak the rules. This will cost you dearly-you will be shipped back to your home country and will not be eligable for any refund on travel expenses made by you or your family. Breaking exchange program rules is looked on as serious with said program. We had to send one student back because he broke one of the rules. He was out the experience as were we and the host families. It affected many more than just him.

There will still be more Wackens each August. If it does not work out make it a point to save up for the next Wacken and go and enjoy without breaking any program rules. Besides if you are under 16 you will need to anyway. when you are young everything seems like it is the end of the world. By the time you reach your 30's and 40's you understand that is far and away not the case.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Have I understood you correctly that the only problem is that you could not attend school when you go to Wacken?
But Wacken is during the summer holidays in Brandenburg anyway... :confused: holidays are from July 12 to August 25 this year.

Or - how old are you? If you're under 16 this could be another problem.

maybe he has hollidays like they are in new zealand.
and the probably don't have holidays at that time since it will be winter over there...

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
maybe he has hollidays like they are in new zealand.
and the probably don't have holidays at that time since it will be winter over there...

The exchange students I knew (way back then) had to follow the regime of the country they were in AT THAT MOMENT, and not those of the "main" land.
In this example that would mean that (s)he is free to go, as Brandenburg (Germany) has the anual holiday in July/August, regardless of him being in school in New Zealand.

But safety says: ask your school back home! Explain that July and August is their anual holiday! And then ask them next.

Mjollnir

Ok.... So I am really fucking stupid.

I should have checked out when the holidays actually were before starting this thread...

Yes, I have the time off school. Wacken is right smack bang in the middle of the biggest school holidays I get... Talk about feeling like a dickhead.

So my other problem still remains however...

According to the programme I am not allowed to travel around the country and stuff without being accompanied by someone that is 25 years old. I think this may be partially flexible if I negotiate with my host family but the bottom line is... If I'm going to Wacken I need friends...

Now... I feel that the best way to meet such people would be to attend gigs in Berlin. I just need to know people to know when they are on... see the problem here?

So... If you know of any upcoming gigs in Berlin could you please post some of the dates here? Also if you, yourself are either from Berlin or somewhere in Brandenburg and are interested in all things metal could you post here or Private Message me?

I just need to meet people who are into the same shit as me, then network and hopefully end up attending Wacken (dream come true).

Cheers,
Ben