J-Rock Sensation "DIR EN GREY" at Wacken Open Air!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

TheSeventhOne

W:O:A Metalhead
19 Dez. 2005
Buckinghamshire, UK
If they're not going to affect your time at Wacken and you're not going to watch them, why bother fucking moaning about it?

I personally love Dir en grey, they are my favourite band on the line-up and I shall be watching them no matter who they clash with. Just because they don't sound like Iced Earth doesn't mean they don't have a place at Wacken.

Copernican

26 Jan. 2007
England
Search for them on Myspace. They sounded pretty piss poor to me. There's a quote on their page talking about how they offer an exciting live show, with themes of hurt and self harm, with bloody onstage action or something. Atleast any kids turning up for Bullet can pick up some pointers.
If I remember the review a friend of mine gave the gig she saw correctly Kyo claws his chest to ribbons on stage.

While I'm pleased to see Japanese bands playing europe I can think of so many jrock bands that are better than these and would fit in with the rest of the lineup more, especially after listening to Withering To Death. However, Dir en grey are extremely hyped outside of Japan so what can one expect... I suppose they're somewhat better than BFMV at least.

26 Jan. 2007
Their new album is supposed to come out in Europe in March I think...so who knows it'll sound different from Withering to Death, none of their albums really sound alike...so who knows.

Boris would be awesome, but I don't think they've ever played outside of Japan...or hell if they're even together anymore, I only have a few of their songs.

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
Well, Boris toured England last year. It was only a small club tour, but they fucking ruled, and were lovely people to boot. They are still together and putting out about three records a year. :D Incidentally, if you don't have their latest collaboration with SunnO))) (and like drone) then get it. Also -flood- is essential.

Boris playing ought to be very possible, they did say that they wanted to come for another English tour soon.

lylandra

29 Jan. 2007
Wooow im soo hyper about the fact that Dir en grey will perform at Wacken!!! Just heard the news today. They are my all time favourite band! I will be at Wacken for sure!

And don't bitch about them or their music!

I completely agree with TheSeventhOne, if you don't like Dir en grey's music then fuck off and wipe!!!!! ;)

If they're not going to affect your time at Wacken and you're not going to watch them, why bother fucking moaning about it?

I personally love Dir en grey, they are my favourite band on the line-up and I shall be watching them no matter who they clash with. Just because they don't sound like Iced Earth doesn't mean they don't have a place at Wacken.

Kuraishyn

29 Jan. 2007
Diru rocks!!!

Finally, my all time favorite band is coming to Germany!!! I'm so psyched out!!!!! DIRU ROCKS!!!!!

And for Random_dude_667:
Everyone has got some sort of favorite band, but that doesn't give you the right to talk trash about other bands, in your case Dir en Grey. If you're gonna diss them, at least give us some solid motivation as to why you don't like their music, I'm sure your vocabulary is more elaborate than just, and I quote: "And they are, evidentally, shit...."

Purge

13 Mai 2006
Chester, UK
www.last.fm
All I can say is thank fuck for Iced Earth! :D

I'd just like to add here that i'm not dissing any of the people who want to watch them. They just aren't my thing. At least it's not Trivium...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

zombiecag

3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
And for Random_dude_667:
Everyone has got some sort of favorite band, but that doesn't give you the right to talk trash about other bands, in your case Dir en Grey. If you're gonna diss them, at least give us some solid motivation as to why you don't like their music, I'm sure your vocabulary is more elaborate than just, and I quote: "And they are, evidentally, shit...."

In Random's defence, his music taste is very varied, and at least he gave them a shot.
I've attempted to listen to them and can honestly say it's not my thing.
But hey, like 'PrettyStupidGirl' said, all of their albums are different, so chances are the new one will be a bit more likeable (in mine and Random's eyes). Hell, if they have a bloody stage show then they can't be that bad :D

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
I saw Amen once, years back. Casey Chaos cut his arms up on stage. It was pretty fucking lame.

zombiecag

3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
Thinking about it, the people bitching about DEG playing should enjoy the show, too.. if the singer cuts himself up onstage then you'd be watching a guy you don't like being harmed and bleeding on stage...

If only Panic! at the Disco did that when I had to watch them live...