• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
If I'm not mistaken this person got the british strain while not having been outside of the country?
That must main other people have it too which is a bit worrying looking at the state of hospitals in london right now.

Let's hope it'll stay at 3 days and nothing more is needed.
So far australia seems to have handled it a lot better than europe did...
Because Australia is an island (big one, but still) and thus, it's fairly easy to close the borders. You simply don't allow anyone to enter, close all airlines and voilà.
And what might help, it's summer time now. We had low figures in summer last year as well! But people are still going anywhere without thinking about what they're doing. "No, we have booked our holiday, we will go to our holiday. We paid for it goddamn!"

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Because Australia is an island (big one, but still) and thus, it's fairly easy to close the borders. You simply don't allow anyone to enter, close all airlines and voilà.
And what might help, it's summer time now. We had low figures in summer last year as well! But people are still going anywhere without thinking about what they're doing. "No, we have booked our holiday, we will go to our holiday. We paid for it goddamn!"

the fact that it's an island makes it easier to close the borders, agreed.
But that doesn't explain the whole story. because that doesn't explain why countries like vietnam, loas, cambodia and china itself managed to keep the infection rate very low even though they were among the first countries with infections.
It all has to do with taking the right policies, and unfortunately the policies over here mostly have been rather shit.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
the fact that it's an island makes it easier to close the borders, agreed.
But that doesn't explain the whole story. because that doesn't explain why countries like vietnam, loas, cambodia and china itself managed to keep the infection rate very low even though they were among the first countries with infections.
It all has to do with taking the right policies, and unfortunately the policies over here mostly have been rather shit.
Because most times, the governments don't want to spend a penny for a lockdown. And look what you get, half a lockdown. And all (intern) borders still open. Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
If I'm not mistaken this person got the british strain while not having been outside of the country?
That must main other people have it too which is a bit worrying looking at the state of hospitals in london right now.

Let's hope it'll stay at 3 days and nothing more is needed.
So far australia seems to have handled it a lot better than europe did...

The story I heard was the person was working as a cleaner in one of those quarantine hotels. To a point I get why they have those quarantine hotels, but getting minimum wage workers with (probably) not enough training to clean infected rooms, then letting them go home and live their lives at the end of the day doesn't seem like the best idea to me.

If Australia had the population density of Europe, we'd be fucked for sure. If we simply relied on our national leaders to make all the decisions, we'd be fucked too. I'm not kidding, months ago when our premier closed the southern border to New South Wales due to a community transmission cluster there, both the other premier and the prime minister bitched and whined about it, begging our premier to open it up again. Now, our prime minister is saying what a good idea it is to lock down greater Brisbane to get on top of this new infection. To that I say, herp derp. Gotta rip off the band-aid/kill it with fire/etc. :p

cxm

21 Mai 2019
Turkey/ADANA-SEYHAN
Hi! I have a question. Is there any exact information on whether there will be a festival this year? I have to prepare as soon as possible to be less costly, because euro currency is very expensive in the country where I live. In addition, I should do my planning as soon as possible.

The course of the corona virus makes everyone doubt whether this festival will be held or not. Wacken officials should make a statement about the state of affairs.

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Hi! I have a question. Is there any exact information on whether there will be a festival this year? I have to prepare as soon as possible to be less costly, because euro currency is very expensive in the country where I live. In addition, I should do my planning as soon as possible.

The course of the corona virus makes everyone doubt whether this festival will be held or not. Wacken officials should make a statement about the state of affairs.

I don't think anybody can give you any guarantees at the moment.

Reaktionen: cxm

cxm

21 Mai 2019
Turkey/ADANA-SEYHAN
I don't think anybody can give you any guarantees at the moment.

Of course, nobody can give a guarantee on this issue. I mean, wouldn't it be right to make an announcement from wacken official about this? People should start planning because people from all over the world are waiting for this festival. If there is a possibility that this festival will be postponed because of the corona, I think it should have been canceled well in advance. If they have any other plans, they should say it right away.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
No one knows.
They are preparing. But not as if nothing happened.
However, it all depends on the situation at that time, vaccines or not, travel restrictions etc. It is now, for instance, not allowed to enter the EU, except for strictly necessary travels.

Reaktionen: cxm

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia

It's way too early to tell. They're not going to cancel or postpone until the government says they have to, and that's the same with all events, everywhere. I'm led to believe there are huge costs involved with cancelling an event like this without strict instruction to do so, i.e. it's not just a case of giving everyone their ticket money back. Realistically speaking, don't make any non-refundable purchases until at least a few months before the festival is due to start. In the meantime, keep an eye on the exchange rate, get your camping gear ready, make sure your passport is valid, and maybe book some accommodation with free cancellation. I know flights are cheaper the earlier you book them, but the way things have been going this last year I wouldn't jump the gun; it's going to be a nightmare trying to get your money back.

Reaktionen: agresionpower

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Sucks. :( We'll have our current restrictions for another six days I think, then we'll learn if the restrictions will change or not. At least I finally have an excuse to wear my WOA mask we got in our goodies bag in 2019. :D

I guess I've learned myself not to get disappointed about any extensions.
I'm currently expecting the lockdown to last until at least the middle of march, but we'll see.
fortunately I have an internet connection and a ps5 to keep me busy for now.