Q & A about Wacken Open Air

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

untilthelight

7 Juli 2018
Me and my friend were thinking about stocking up on beer at the german border as we drive in, does this mean only cans are safe to stash in the caravan?

DarthV8

8 Mai 2018
that's what all people say when they join the forum and say the will spent their nights in a hotel.
Pretty much all of them have regretted it though.

Have to pick this one up again - I gave it some thought and after last weekend have to agree, camping would be very tempting - IF the weather is how it was during WOA2018. I'd still go with the hotel option in a rainy Wacken weekend though... the thought of everything being wet inside and out for days just ain't my piece of cake (ok, this year it was also all wet due to sweat and the random shower... :) ).

StrungOut84

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Jan. 2016
Gander, Canada
Have to pick this one up again - I gave it some thought and after last weekend have to agree, camping would be very tempting - IF the weather is how it was during WOA2018. I'd still go with the hotel option in a rainy Wacken weekend though... the thought of everything being wet inside and out for days just ain't my piece of cake (ok, this year it was also all wet due to sweat and the random shower... :) ).

IMO camping is a part of the whole Wacken experience, you guy just got the perfect weather for camping since it was really dry.
We had a good amount of rain in 2016 and a few showers/thunderstorm in 2017 and the stuff in my tent wasn't wet at all, so your stuff should be dry unless you let the tent door open :p

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
IMO camping is a part of the whole Wacken experience, you guy just got the perfect weather for camping since it was really dry.
We had a good amount of rain in 2016 and a few showers/thunderstorm in 2017 and the stuff in my tent wasn't wet at all, so your stuff should be dry unless you let the tent door open :p

or if you build the tent in a way it wasn't intended to :p

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
As this is part of Wacken:Open:Air...
We announce, that as from 2019, the train ride TO Wacken Open Air will be advanced by ONE day. The departure will start on Monday 29/07/2019, arriving in Wacken on Tuesday 30/07/2019, in the morning. The return ride will take place as usual on Sunday morning (04/08/2019).

More info shortly on www.metal-train.de

Thank you for your support.

So instead of a departure on Tuesday, it's on Monday!

Reaktionen: evilCursor
10 Aug. 2018
Ukraine
Hey guys, I need your help. I've paid for my 2019 Wacken ticket in the day of sold-out. To be more accurate, it was ALREADY mentioned about sold-out and tickets not being available anymore. But somehow I've succeed at downloading Metaltix page and buying tickets after few minutes of panic. My question is : how can I know that everything is ok and I will get the tickets? Should I contact Metaltix or WOA right now? Please tell if you've been in the same situation.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Hey guys, I need your help. I've paid for my 2019 Wacken ticket in the day of sold-out. To be more accurate, it was ALREADY mentioned about sold-out and tickets not being available anymore. But somehow I've succeed at downloading Metaltix page and buying tickets after few minutes of panic. My question is : how can I know that everything is ok and I will get the tickets? Should I contact Metaltix or WOA right now? Please tell if you've been in the same situation.
Log on to your Metaltix account. See what it says. If it's treated, no worries. Do not contact them yet! At least for the next 4 weeks. They're doing everything they can!