Who is heading to W from Amsterdam (or Netherlands in general)?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Kodeir

9 Mai 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I'm going to take a train to get there (e.g., from Ams to Itzehoem with connection in Hannover, out 09:00, there 16:00).
As shuttles are on from Tuesday, 31.07 seems kinda ok for a departure day.

Who else is heading from Netherlands?
When? and how?

Throw your ideas.
I'm going to buy tickets at 16.07 or earlier. And buy a tent too :)

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
I was looking for tickets on Deutsche Bahn site with minimum train changes, and with changes not like 5-10 mins...

you can go amsterdam osnabruck, and than osnabruck itzehoe. but that direct train from osnabruck doesn't go very often, I think once every 4 hours orso.
So than you can go osnabruck to hamburg instead, and take a train to itzehoe from there.
I've done this many times, not just for wacken, but I used to have a girlfriend in that area.
Going over hannover seems like a pretty big detour to me. Though, looking at the map it isn't that much of a detour.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
It just seems kind of weird, going through Hannover, instead of Osnabrück.
It's easier via Osna, it's a crossing station, so not too many tracks, and you can't get lost. And I reckon Deutsche Bahn will give that connection anyways.
And From Hamburg Hbf there's a local going every hour! I just came back from there.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
It just seems kind of weird, going through Hannover, instead of Osnabrück.
It's easier via Osna, it's a crossing station, so not too many tracks, and you can't get lost. And I reckon Deutsche Bahn will give that connection anyways.
And From Hamburg Hbf there's a local going every hour! I just came back from there.

bahn.de gives you the option to go over hannover, even though you leave at the same time and it takes more than an hour longer.

psychotron

1 Feb. 2018
Egypt

I'm going to take a train to get there (e.g., from Ams to Itzehoem with connection in Hannover, out 09:00, there 16:00).
As shuttles are on from Tuesday, 31.07 seems kinda ok for a departure day.

Who else is heading from Netherlands?
When? and how?

Throw your ideas.
I'm going to buy tickets at 16.07 or earlier. And buy a tent too :)

I'll be landing @ AMS late afternoon on Sun. After I
check into my room, probably roll over to Excalibur,
Cave Rock or some other spot for pints if anyone
wants to get in on it.

Wacken pre-game in Amsterdam anyone?!!!
:cool::D
I will be in Amsterdam on Friday 27 July.
I got flight to Hamburg really cheap around 45€ on Tuesday 31 July.
Definitely pre-game ready :D

30 Sep. 2016
North Bay Area, California
I hope we meet then! Probably I will be already finished with packaging ;)

I will be in Amsterdam on Friday 27 July.
I got flight to Hamburg really cheap around 45€ on Tuesday 31 July.
Definitely pre-game ready :D

Awesome! Maybe aim for sometime Sun night or on Mon.
As suggested by aggressionpower, I'm gonna hit up
Decathlon and snag my tent and other supplies on Mon.
We could plan to meet up at Excalibur or some other
spot.

fenrir727

25 Juli 2018
Stuttgart, GER (Mexico City, MX)
Hi! I will be driving with the car to AMS on Sunday to visit some friends (Probably already test camping in Zeeburg) and then leaving Monday morning to WOA, if anyone wants to join we can share fuel costs. I certainly have space for one or two extra people, taking into account carrying all the camping stuff ;)
Pre game sounds good, i don´t know any of those locations yet. Might join you there depending how the visit goes.

Kodeir

9 Mai 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hi! I will be driving with the car to AMS on Sunday to visit some friends (Probably already test camping in Zeeburg) and then leaving Monday morning to WOA, if anyone wants to join we can share fuel costs. I certainly have space for one or two extra people, taking into account carrying all the camping stuff ;)
Pre game sounds good, i don´t know any of those locations yet. Might join you there depending how the visit goes.

Hey Fenrir! Will be good to see you in a bar

Btw
Where we meet, guys? Or will decide on Sunday?
I'm ok with any bar, haven't been anywhere yet except few restaurants