Sitting down

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
17 Juni 2018
This year will be my first year at WOA. Woohoo!

We are traveling from the UK on one of the official coach+hotel packages which includes daily transfers to and from the festival. I've been to many festivals before however, compared to say Download, it seems the bands play later in the night / early morning. That's a long time especially if it's muddy. Are there places to take a breather and sit down (I'm not as young as I used to be)?

Cheers

Ben

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Er, no. That is, not to my knowledge.
You could try to bring a paper stool or something, but anything else is not allowed. I'm sorry.
However... I can also advise you to go to the beergarden. (Biergarten), where you can sit down and enjoy a beer, but that will be outside the FESTIVAL area, however not on the CAMPING. It's in a in between zone. (Wacken Plaza) Or the Wackinger Stage. That has tables with places to sit as well. (if I remember correctly)

17 Juni 2018
Thanks. Somehow I suspected that would be the case. Download allow camping chairs to be taken into the arena although this year it was dry enough to sit on the ground anyway.

PopoMetal

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Juni 2009
Thanks. Somehow I suspected that would be the case. Download allow camping chairs to be taken into the arena although this year it was dry enough to sit on the ground anyway.
When its dry you can easily sit in front of the stages on some grassy patches.
When it rains a lot unfortunately those patches cease to exist.

As for chairs they will probably take them away from you if they contain any hard material. Have seen some peoples get trough with fold-able chairs made from cardboard. But I would not worry too much about it usually a visit to the Beergarden between shows is enough to rest and gather strength and its not that far from Beergarden to the stages.

smi

14 Juli 2011
Schleswig-Holstein
Also:
The large tent with the WET and Headbangers stages has a wooden floor, where you can take a seat between the concerts.

smi

Spartaner032

23 Juni 2011
Bad Bevensen
This year will be my first year at WOA. Woohoo!

We are traveling from the UK on one of the official coach+hotel packages which includes daily transfers to and from the festival. I've been to many festivals before however, compared to say Download, it seems the bands play later in the night / early morning. That's a long time especially if it's muddy. Are there places to take a breather and sit down (I'm not as young as I used to be)?

Cheers

Ben

There are side-fences (Bauzäune).
They are a really great spot, to sit down for a while and chill. (You even can listen the to main-stages that way) ;)

Spartaner032

23 Juni 2011
Bad Bevensen
Ich würde mich NIEMALS auf Festivals auf diese Poller am Rand setzen. Gerade nachts, wird da doch viel zu gerne (auch im Infield) gepinkelt!

smi

War ja auch nur ein Joke, daher mein Zwinker-Symiley. :D

Ich hab das so sooft gesehen, zwei setzen sich entspannt an den Bauzaun und freuen sich.
Keine Minute später kommt einer direkt an und pinkelt 3 Meter weiter an den Zaun.
Die Gesichert der Leute sind göttlich. :D

Reaktionen: Saypren_Shepard