Traveling to Wacken from Hamburg

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

mlassen

2 Jan. 2017
Does anyone know of any shuttles that go from Hamburg to Wacken every day of the festival? I'm coming from the US alone and would preferably like to stay in Hamburg and just travel to festival. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Does anyone know of any shuttles that go from Hamburg to Wacken every day of the festival? I'm coming from the US alone and would preferably like to stay in Hamburg and just travel to festival. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

There's a train from Itzehoe to Hamburg. But it's a rather expensive means. I have no idea if there will be a shuttle bus to Hamburg every day.

Check www.bahn.com or www.metaltravel.com (or .de, I'm not sure) to get more information.

Drizzt Do'Urden

W:O:A Metalhead
30 Okt. 2013

There's a train from Itzehoe to Hamburg. But it's a rather expensive means. I have no idea if there will be a shuttle bus to Hamburg every day.

Check www.bahn.com or www.metaltravel.com (or .de, I'm not sure) to get more information.

Hier you will find the information of 2016.
bus tours / Germany
There will be an update for 2017 at summer.

But there is no shuttle per hour from Hamburg to Wacken.
Maybe you will find a bus tour they start every morning and go back at night.

I thing, it is better to buy a low priced tent and stay at the camp ground for 2 or 3 nights. :)

KaeptnKorn

W:O:A Metalmaster
16 Juli 2003
Hamburg
There are shuttle busses from Wacken to the train station in Itzehoe. From there you can go to Hamburg by train. Trains will go from 4 a.m. to 12 p.m. (midnight) in both direction every hour (1/2 hour in daytime). Busses go as long as the trains are going. For details you should wait for the schedules (June?).

Shuttlebus will cost ~10€ for the whole week. Train ~28€ per day (day ticket).

One trip will take you ~2 hours, if everything works out. Remember, that bands are playing until 2 or 3 in the night.
I recommend you camp at the festival site or book a room near wacken and take a taxi (or find a hotel with shuttle service).

mlassen

2 Jan. 2017
Thank you all so much! One more question would Brokdorf, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany be closer to the festival than Hamburg? I obviously don't know the area and trying to camp might get expensive for me.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Thank you all so much! One more question would Brokdorf, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany be closer to the festival than Hamburg? I obviously don't know the area and trying to camp might get expensive for me.

Camping at the FESTIVAL itself in included in your ticket! That wouldn't cost you a penny more!
But if you want to camp somewhere else, that will cost you money.

Libbelah

16 Aug. 2008
Tange
Zuletzt bearbeitet:

SAVA

W:O:A Metalgod
4 Aug. 2014
Hansestadt

Yes it is. Brokdorf is much closer to Wacken than Hamburg.
Do you want to stay there overnight?

Nergal1444

16 Sep. 2016
You can rent a tent (including sleeping bag, matress etc.) on the campground - this way you do not have to bother about bringing a tent, and it is much more convenient than having to travel by train each day.

https://www.mein-zelt-steht-schon.de

I live in northern Germany myself, but asI am a lazy bastard I have booked a tent for myself - no hassle with setting the thing up myself when I arrive Wednesday night, and I will have a good spot on the campground. Cooking gear is not really required, as there are loads of food stalls.

Sorrownator

9 Aug. 2010
Hedwig-Holzbein

It's closer. But in case you want to use public transport you should reconsider, because Brokdorf is a so called "Kuhdorf" (ask someone local guys at the festival what it means, they will show you) without a train station or anything similar. So you surely would have to call a Taxi to travel tot the festival, which would be pretty expensive.
I would also recommend to use the campsite at the festival - it is much more fun to stay there than go ack to a hotel. As suggested before you could buy a cheap tent and a bedroll at the festivalsite or at the village of wacken. Or just rent a fully euqipet tent. Thats will be cheaper, less stress for you and much more fun! :)

mlassen

2 Jan. 2017
Thank you all for the information! Since I'm traveling solo, it's hard finding anything for one person. But I'll keep looking and go from there!

Bydand

14 März 2017
The first couple of times I went to Wacken I travelled myself and had no problems at all staying on the camp site. Camping is part of your ticket but this year things like the showers and early arrival are also included in the ticket price. The food on site is pretty good and its reasonably priced as well but once you've had a few beers, trying to find taxis and traveling back and forwards can be a real pain in the backside! I'd also reccomend trying to arrive on the Tuesday while it's still relatively quiet so you can find your way around and catch the Metal Battle gigs on the Wednesday.

PopoMetal

8 Juni 2009
Even though I am German I traveled many years by train and its really easy to do. Even if you come early like Monday morning its really not an issue. Just use the normal train from Hamburg central station to Itzehoe.

What I can recommend is to wait at Itzehoe train station. Instead of using a bus to Wacken you can ask another group that goes by Cab/Taxi to include you and split the bill. Thats about as cheap as the bus but more comfortable. Theres usually bigger cab cars waiting there taking groups even as early as monday.
If you stay in hamburg go to Nightlight Hamburg bar you can't really miss it as its in main "Reeperbahn" party area http://www.nightlight-hamburg.de/anfahrt/. Theres a big horde of Wacken fans partying there any evening before Wacken and you can probably find a group you can follow to the campsite the next day and if you have questions regarding Wacken you get all the answers and help there too. But from Hamburg train station its no issue either just follow the black shirts.