Camelbak?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

SystemShock

28 Juni 2016
So just bought a camelbak with the intention of having it empty, going into the arena area and filling it.

Easy to carry, holds 2L, saves going for refills etc etc.

Only to then be told by a friend that I wouldn't be aloud to take it in.

To me, that sounds utterly bonkers, not being allowed to take in, what is essentially a rucksack with a empty plastic bag inside.

Can anyone confirm this is in fact banned? And in that case offer some rationale as to why on earth I can't have a rucksack with a plastic bag inside?

Thanks.

Benethor

W:O:A Metalhead
15 Dez. 2013
Kerpen
Because they want to sell their own drinks.
You can use the Wacken Waterbag you get at the festival to fill it with drinking water inside the festival are. Its 0,5l or something like that. But you may only acces the festival area with an empty bag. You can fill it at the water stations there.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
So just bought a camelbak with the intention of having it empty, going into the arena area and filling it.

Easy to carry, holds 2L, saves going for refills etc etc.

Only to then be told by a friend that I wouldn't be aloud to take it in.

To me, that sounds utterly bonkers, not being allowed to take in, what is essentially a rucksack with a empty plastic bag inside.

Can anyone confirm this is in fact banned? And in that case offer some rationale as to why on earth I can't have a rucksack with a plastic bag inside?

Thanks.

Safety – festival ground
The following objects are strictly prohibited at the stage areas:
  • Knives and knife-like objects, such as nail files, screwdrivers, tail combs, brass knuckles etc.,
  • any kind of glass containers, this also applies to perfume bottles,
  • plastic bottles, camelbags, canisters and drinking horns. Please note that W:O:A festival cups and the foldable bottle you get with the FMB are allowed.
  • any kind of cans, e.g. beverage cans, hairspray cans, deodorant cans etc.
  • CS gas and/or pepper spray
  • camcorders and professional photographic devices, e.g. SLR cameras. To take photos you can use common digital cameras and/ or your mobile phone cameras,
  • studded wristbands (with spikes longer than 1.0 cm) and studded belts (with sharpened spikes and a length of more than 1.5 cm, also known as killer spikes), cartridge belts,
  • any type of chains, such as used in bicycles and/or motorbikes and similar to that. However, wallet chains are fine.
  • flagpoles and sticks; only flagpoles with official W:O:A flags are allowed,
  • any kind of pyrotechnical objects, including sparklers; this applies to all areas, even the camping ground,
  • vuvuzelas, megaphones etc.
In case of conflict please contact immediately the group leader in charge. You recognize them by their red and/ or blue polo shirts.
http://www.wacken.com/en/festival-info/festival-abc/

As a rationaly reason why, it's their "home", and they do as they please to. And that's their right to do so. Nothing you can do about it, as just to accept the fact that you can't bring in the items mentioned above.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

SystemShock

28 Juni 2016
Because they want to sell their own drinks.
You can use the Wacken Waterbag you get at the festival to fill it with drinking water inside the festival are. Its 0,5l or something like that. But you may only acces the festival area with an empty bag. You can fill it at the water stations there.

Not really selling anything considering, as you said there are water taps to refill at. Awkward 500ml bottle in a backpack it is then I guess. (Let's just ignore that's literally a camelbak minus the convenience of not having to get your bag off your back in the middle of a crush :\

Quark schrieb:
Just saying no without condescendingly linking the entire section would of been fine, I did check the ABC and found it a big ambiguous but heyho. I queried the rationale, because while festivals but have some what seem, abstract rulings. They tend to have a valid reason behind them. Plastic bottles? People throw them away which creates litter, not allowing them makes sense. Knife? fairly obvious, makes sense. Alchohol, they want to sell their own, makes sense. A full camelbak, could contain liquid other than water, makes sense. An empty camelbak which essentially emulates what I'm going to have to do, of putting their bag into a backpack but without the need to piss off a crowd as I try get space to get my backpack off.... not so much.

But whatever, rules are rules, even when they do seem a bit daft.

Thanks both for the heads up.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Not really selling anything considering, as you said there are water taps to refill at. Awkward 500ml bottle in a backpack it is then I guess. (Let's just ignore that's literally a camelbak minus the convenience of not having to get your bag off your back in the middle of a crush :\

Just saying no without condescendingly linking the entire section would of been fine, I did check the ABC and found it a big ambiguous but heyho. I queried the rationale, because while festivals but have some what seem, abstract rulings. They tend to have a valid reason behind them. Plastic bottles? People throw them away which creates litter, not allowing them makes sense. Knife? fairly obvious, makes sense. Alchohol, they want to sell their own, makes sense. A full camelbak, could contain liquid other than water, makes sense. An empty camelbak which essentially emulates what I'm going to have to do, of putting their bag into a backpack but without the need to piss off a crowd as I try get space to get my backpack off.... not so much.

But whatever, rules are rules, even when they do seem a bit daft.

Thanks both for the heads up.

It's not only for you, but also for others who might read this thread, and who have NOT looked into the Festival ABC. ;) (and might even NOT comment here) Hence my quote of the said ABC.

Benethor

W:O:A Metalhead
15 Dez. 2013
Kerpen
Theoretically, maybe.
In fact I did enter with a full one several times and saw others do the same.

Yes i know, i did it myself. But that was not allways possible and i have seen some people forced to empty it before entering. :)
And officially its forbidden, so you can try your luck, but it may not work