Disabled Camping in A

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Pantho

13 Sep. 2012
So, I want to know how to get access to the disabled camping grounds in A if possible?

I know providing the specific documentation listed is a way, although there German and I'm coming from overseas. I've been ill these past 1-2 years and have a bit of mobility issues and wouldn't mind camping there.

I can provider a letter/documentation from a GP stating the mobility issues etc, would that be enough on the Monday to let me park and setup in A? We'll be 3 people in a car, all with valid tickets.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
So, I want to know how to get access to the disabled camping grounds in A if possible?

I know providing the specific documentation listed is a way, although there German and I'm coming from overseas. I've been ill these past 1-2 years and have a bit of mobility issues and wouldn't mind camping there.

I can provider a letter/documentation from a GP stating the mobility issues etc, would that be enough on the Monday to let me park and setup in A? We'll be 3 people in a car, all with valid tickets.

The letter from your GP should be enough.
But... for MONDAY? I don't know. I mean, the official day of arrival is WEDNESDAY! (Tuesday after 8pm)

Wackentom

W:O:A Metalmaster
5 Apr. 2005
zuhause in Niedersachsen

out of the Festival ABC:

"
D
Disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility
The W:O:A organizers are always eager to optimize the festival with regard to accessibility for disabled persons and/ or persons with reduced mobility. Again, arrangements concerning integration/ inclusion were extended.

Accompanying persons: Profoundly disabled persons are granted permission to bring along an accompanying person, who is exempted from charge. The only necessity is to present a severely handicapped pass (in Germany with a disability code B) and a valid festival ticket. Both, the disabled and the accompanying person, need to go to the wristband pickup and will receive two wristbands. Please remember to bring the valid ticket and the disabled person’s pass along with you.

Please understand that this service needs to be organized anew every year. Thus, it is not always possible for the organizers to include disabled persons, who have disability code G in their severely handicapped pass. Regulation of camping ground for disabled persons

The reserved camping ground area –Wheels of Steel Area - within close proximity of the festival ground is available to disabled persons, who have a disabled person’s pass with disability code G (walking impaired) and/ or code B (dependent on an accompanying person). Please note that no distinction is made between the various disabilities and/ or disability classes. However, this camping area is meant to provide a nearly barrier-free access to the festival. Thus, profoundly disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility, this applies in particular to persons who are reliant on a wheelchair, are given priority to this camping area. In order to ensure this, disabled person cards will be examined.
Please note that it is not possible to make an advanced reservation and that the available camping space is limited. In case the camping area is full, the on-site stewards will try to guide you near the shower camps, which are adapted to the needs of the disabled.
If you plan to stay in that camping area, get in contact with a steward at the entrance. You will be guided directly to the camping ground for disabled persons.
Persons granted access to the Wheels of Steel Area may be accompanied by up to 4 persons. When coming by car, all passengers must be in the same vehicle and present valid W:O:A admission tickets. Please make sure that all of the accompanying persons are present at the time of your arrival. For organizational reasons, accompanying persons arriving at a later time won’t be permitted to camp at that camping site. Thank you for your understanding.

Further arrangements:

A sufficient number of sanitary facilities equipped for the disabled are provided in the shower camps S1/ S2/ S3 and in the VIP area. Keys to the sanitary facilities will be handed out at the pay kiosk upon presentation of the disabled person pass.
There are three platforms for disabled persons at the infield. This stand offers a perfect view of all three Infield main stages. Furthermore, the stand is equipped with monitors and loudspeakers so as to broadcast shows. Please notice that the platforms are only for disable persons, not for their accompanying persons.
Additional wheelchair-accessible bathrooms are located in the Infield between the main entrance and Party Stage entrance.
Another stand for disabled persons is located in Bullhead City Circus.

With all of these measures we hope to accomplish a music festival at the highest possible standards relating to accessibility and integration.

Delegate for disabled persons/ local contact person The collaboration with Inklusion muss Laut sein (New-Metal-Media) makes it possible to provide you with a telephone hotline. Address any questions regarding the accessibility at the festival to Mr. Paustian.
From 02 May to 29 July, 2016 this hotline is available from Monday to Friday before the start of W:O:A from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm. The phone number is +49 (0) 174 / 6731088, outside the consulting hours the phone number is not available.
During the festival contact persons are available at the information point (pos. 35). You may approach them from Tuesday, 02 August to Saturday, 06 August, 2016 from 2:00 pm until 10:00 pm

Foreign visitors may also send questions directly via email to headquarter@ics-woa.de."

http://www.wacken.com/en/festivalinfo/festival-abc/#festival_abc_letter_d

Pantho

13 Sep. 2012
Without meaning to offend, pasting the FAQ to me is pretty useless I said I'd already read about the disability cards etc.

But that whole system with Code G and Code B etc are not really issued here hence I'm making the thread to ask, I also did send an email to that provided address but am waiting a response still.

To get a free ride Mondays my arrival day, nothing wrong with chilling out in the campsite for a few days before the festival anyway, we go Monday every year. I'm not wheelchair bound or severely disabled, I guess walking impaired would be the classification. My legs have little muscle mass and other issues so I find distance walking, specially over tedious terrain, tricky. I don't need to organised an accompanying person or a pass for a career etc.

Basically the Festival ABC does not mention:
Can we access disabled camping grounds on the Monday.
What documentation needs to be shown/provided for international travelers who do not have this Code G thing.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Wackentom

5 Apr. 2005
zuhause in Niedersachsen
Without meaning to offend, pasting the FAQ to me is pretty useless I said I'd already read about the disability cards etc.

But that whole system with Code G and Code B etc are not really issued here hence I'm making the thread to ask, I also did send an email to that provided address but am waiting a response still.

To get a free ride Mondays my arrival day, nothing wrong with chilling out in the campsite for a few days before the festival anyway, we go Monday every year. I'm not wheelchair bound or severely disabled, I guess walking impaired would be the classification. My legs have little muscle mass and other issues so I find distance walking, specially over tedious terrain, tricky. I don't need to organised an accompanying person or a pass for a career etc.

Basically the Festival ABC does not mention:
What documentation needs to be shown/provided for international travelers who do not have this Code G thing.

NOPE, cause it´s usualy not open at monday, but u can camp on almost all other campgrounds till the disabled area will be open.

this documentation is only important, for those persons who need to have a 2nd person all time with them. cause the 2nd person is for free, like u said it´s not that u need the 2nd person, so not relevant.

If ur still not lucky with those answers, so wait for the answer from the email you sent.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Tom, you're not completely right. But I can't blame you. ;)

OT: take your disability card with you, if you have any. (Depending on your country)
Or an attestation of your GP where it's stated a kind of degree of handicap. Make sure that it's written in a language, the Germans can understand! (German or English )

But your disability parking card won't be enough!

(And keep in mind, the medical secret must be respected. )

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
But camping on the PMR camping on Monday? No, probably not.

Edit Piaf zegt: I have to change this into a probably yes. (if I have to believe Jasper's words in an other thread)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

MetallKopp

9 Aug. 2003
Klostermoor
www.reaperzine.de

Generally, A is open from Monday. I know that 'cause I'm staying there. Since several years now, from Monday on. A is not completely shut off for disabled people, so I don't know about the disabled campground. Rest is open though.

Pantho

13 Sep. 2012
Yes we normally end up parking in C when we go Mondays and then rush over to A with all our kit. You ever drove down to A on a Monday MetallKopp? My friends in the past have just followed the stewards instruction to park in a line at C.

Been able to have the car in A on Monday is the part im unsure about. I'll take some documentation from the GP and ask, worse they say is no. Can always get friends to carry my tent and gear down to A etc, sure they'll love that :cool:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Generally, A is open from Monday. I know that 'cause I'm staying there. Since several years now, from Monday on. A is not completely shut off for disabled people, so I don't know about the disabled campground. Rest is open though.

Generally A is for Autofreies Camp (car free camp).
This year, it's the Wheels of Steel camp. (neither A, nor B, I reckon you'll need to look at the maps where it is)

And the best solution, (as a foreign citizen), is to send an e-mail to the organisation of the festival, as stated in the news here.