Camping information

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

tony_tag

11 Sep. 2015
Hi,
We are new to Wacken for 2016. Someone please explain the camping arrangements?

Is there VIP camping for electric connections and being nearer the site like we saw this year at Rock am Ring. Do people bring their own music and fridges to Wacken? To get a decent camp spot with enough room for 3+ tents up and a 15 minute walk to the music when do we need to arrive by roughly? How far is the parking away from the campsite?

thanks Tony

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
VIP area is for VIPs only. It is rather quiet there.

Normal camping shouldn't be a problem. You can stay anywhere you like. And bring anything you want. But it all depends on the spot, and the time of your arrival.
And you can park your car next to your tent.

Thoringar

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Aug. 2013
Ostfriesische Grenze
Hi, Tony,

congratulations on having a ticket!:)
At the WOA you camp next to your car, can bring whatever gadgets you like (as long as you take them home again;))and the order in which the areas are filled is, has ever been an will presumably forever stay an unsoved mystery :confused:to us all, so no-one can tell you exactly when to arrive best. Example: We've been going to the WOA for years, usually at roughly the same time of arrival every year, and that is where we have landed: 2009 - the far end of E, near the breakfast place on the corner to V; 2011 - D; 2012 - P; 2013 - the near end of E, on the corner Metallica Avenue/ Rage Road (right next to the dixies :Puke:); 2014 - my daughter on H, me two hours later on the far end of I, near the shower/breakfast place on the corner to U/X (!); 2015 - J. I think the rule ist that there is no rule. As for the space you are allowed: They usually cram you like sardines, with just enough space left between the cars to open the doors ... of one car at a time, not both! ... so come in 2 cars if you need more.

MetallKopp

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Aug. 2003
Klostermoor
www.reaperzine.de
Hi,
We are new to Wacken for 2016. Someone please explain the camping arrangements?

Is there VIP camping for electric connections and being nearer the site like we saw this year at Rock am Ring. Do people bring their own music and fridges to Wacken? To get a decent camp spot with enough room for 3+ tents up and a 15 minute walk to the music when do we need to arrive by roughly? How far is the parking away from the campsite?

thanks Tony

VIP camping is nothing you can buy - if you're a VIP, then you were invited. There is no way you can buy your way into VIP camping.
There are electric outlets in the camper park, but they're strictly limited and come with an extra charge. Also, the camper park is far away from the infield.

People bring their own music and fridges. They power them with portable diesel or gasoline generators. There are lots of generators throughout the campgrounds from very small (less than 2HP) up to abt. 40HP.

Decent camp spot depends on how much space you need for extras like community tents, pavillons or stuff. Where you end up - no idea. Usually, it's already pretty crowded on Monday. But don't try to arrive earlier than Monday (late morning). It won't do anything and only gets people into trouble dealing with people overcrowding the village, causing traffic jams.

tony_tag

11 Sep. 2015
Hi guys, thanks for the info! really helpful knowing you park up next to where you camp, that makes life nice and easy :D
We don't have tickets yet and it's sold out, the only place I can see them for sale at a good price is Viagogo. Will that be ok? (I'm guessing we won't see the tickets until close to the event).
We're coming from England so plan to arrive late on the 3rd Aug hence wondering how much space will be left. I don't expect anyone can answer that, you have to wait and see.
Are there electric cables in the field for a cooler/music or best to run it off the car battery?

tony_tag

11 Sep. 2015
Thanks Metalkopp!
Sounds like car battery will have to suffice for cooler - I don't think we want to stay in the camper site far away.
When you say arrive Monday do you mean Monday 1st Aug? The event is 4th Aug to 6th I thought?
We don't need massive amount of space, enough for 3 tents and a gazebo/open tent thing to keep the sun off

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Hi guys, thanks for the info! really helpful knowing you park up next to where you camp, that makes life nice and easy :D
We don't have tickets yet and it's sold out, the only place I can see them for sale at a good price is Viagogo. Will that be ok? (I'm guessing we won't see the tickets until close to the event).
We're coming from England so plan to arrive late on the 3rd Aug hence wondering how much space will be left. I don't expect anyone can answer that, you have to wait and see.
Are there electric cables in the field for a cooler/music or best to run it off the car battery?

Viagogo sucks. Too expensive.
Best you wait for the ticket exchange. (If there is one ) Otherwise I can suggest the flea market on the forum, as well as the Flohmarkt (German board ).
You can bring a generator to the camping, and get the electricity from it! Otherwise, no electricity at all.

Wackentom

5 Apr. 2005
zuhause in Niedersachsen

NO!!! DONT buy at Viagogo or e-bay !
here in the Forum at the Flea market sometimes u can get Tickets.
Closer to the Festival, more tickets will be sold there.
Also in Facebook are Groups like this:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/888228901270872/
Where u can buy Tickets from fair Metalheads to fair Original-Price + shipping!

dont help the viagogo and e-bay assholes in any way! PLEASE!

Godd luck and remember, closer to the festival the chances to buy Tickets be good!

Also u can go on this list here:

http://forum.wacken.com/showthread.php?t=232557

MetallKopp

9 Aug. 2003
Klostermoor
www.reaperzine.de

Viagogo? A little overpriced, no? :D
Well, usually from June on, prices will start to fall again. Since tickets are not personalized anymore, reselling them is now easier. And honest fans reselling theirs will usually not charge you more than the original price. But if you don't want to wait, who are we to stop you? It's only that we wouldn't recommend it.

Regarding the space, don't worry. There's always enough room for everyone. You don't need to cram up closer because you arrive later than anybody else.

About power, there are no cables at all. The only outlets are in the camper park, as said, and there are outlets at certain reserved spaces for campers. No cables ANYWHERE else. Whoever brings devices has to power them with their mobile generators. I would not recommend powering them with your car's battery. You don't want to drain it being dead when you want to leave.
You may bring generators of up to abt. 2HP, although there are lunatics who bring much bigger ones.

Edit: grounds are open from Monday Aug 1st. There's no bands playing on Mon and Tue, but people are already camping there. But beware, there's an extra fee if you arrive earlier than Wednesday 3rd! 20,-€ per person on Tuesday before 8PM, 30,-€ per person if you arrive on Monday!
Space won't be a major problem as you describe it. May be a little packed but still possible no matter what. Have fun!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Libbelah

16 Aug. 2008
Tange
No glas allowed on the Campground.
#1 Rule. :D
Otherwise you´ll be punished to drink your whole Amount of Vodka, etc directly, while being watched by Secus. Keep it in your mind. :D

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

tony_tag

11 Sep. 2015
Thanks for the info on the flea market site, of course I don't want to fund viagogo. Also had already registered on the ticket waitlist.

Thanks for the info about it opening Monday. Maybe arriving Tuesday would be nice.

Libbelah

16 Aug. 2008
Tange
Thanks for the info on the flea market site, of course I don't want to fund viagogo. Also had already registered on the ticket waitlist.

Thanks for the info about it opening Monday. Maybe arriving Tuesday would be nice.

Arriving Tuesday, in my eyes is a good Idea for a first-yearer. Enough time to build up your camp, checking out the Area and the village, before the Festival itself starts. Its very helpful to find the way back "home". Even if its dark.
The campronds are extreme similar, wherever you are. :D

tony_tag

11 Sep. 2015
Hi, thanks for all the good advice so far :)
One of our group cannot drive with us but will fly into Hamburg after we arrive.
Is there a shuttle bus from Hamburg city centre or the airport?
The other option is I leave the WOA festival to pick him up - is it possible to drive out after you have already camped?

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Hi, thanks for all the good advice so far :)
One of our group cannot drive with us but will fly into Hamburg after we arrive.
Is there a shuttle bus from Hamburg city centre or the airport?
The other option is I leave the WOA festival to pick him up - is it possible to drive out after you have already camped?

THE (semi) DEFINIVE GUIDE TO WACKEN!

Short resume: There is a S-Bahn (city train) from Hamburg Airport to the Main Station (Hauptbahnhof/Hbf) and Altona station. From Altona, there are regional trains to Itzehoe, where a shuttle bus service is in place.

There will probably be shuttles from the Airport to Wacken as well later.
But look at this thread (first link in my post), and you'll have all the info you need. IN ENGLISH!