Trying to get a Wacken 2013 shirt but no US shipping!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Tri-6

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
Bought one at the festival only to find a the European 2Xl is a bit smaller than fat ass US 2XL and the 3XL sold out so fast the only thing I could get was the Wacken Firefighters shirt. To add insult to injury the online store will not ship to the US or Canada. Anyone know any online retailers that have them? While I'd love the shit with the bands the regular one with 24 years Louder than Hell would work too.

Any help would be appreciated. :(

Tri-6

13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
Yeah EMP won't ship to the US or Canada for some licensing reasons. And when you go to any of the emp-online sites it says "hey you are from the US, lets take you to the US store!" but it takes you to the international store where you can't ship to the US. Its like they are taunting me!

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Yeah EMP won't ship to the US or Canada for some licensing reasons. And when you go to any of the emp-online sites it says "hey you are from the US, lets take you to the US store!" but it takes you to the international store where you can't ship to the US. Its like they are taunting me!

Why not ask someone if (s)he could recieve it here, give your address, and have it sent from here to you?

Tri-6

13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
Why not ask someone if (s)he could recieve it here, give your address, and have it sent from here to you?

That would be great. I've only been posting here since last fall and don't know most of you fine people all that well, and only one face to face, and he lives in the US anyway so I'm a bit hesitant to ask someone to put themselves through BS for a stranger.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
That would be great. I've only been posting here since last fall and don't know most of you fine people all that well, and only one face to face, and he lives in the US anyway so I'm a bit hesitant to ask someone to put themselves through BS for a stranger.

The point is, you only need a European SHIPPING address, the BILLING address can still be US.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
I checked the Belgian site of EMP (called Large in Dutch)
They sell a 3XL Wacken shirt for 19.99€ (VAT included!!!) plus 3.95€ shipping costs when paid by PayPal. By credit card this is 5.70€. (always VAT included)

Tri-6

13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
I checked the Belgian site of EMP (called Large in Dutch)
They sell a 3XL Wacken shirt for 19.99€ (VAT included!!!) plus 3.95€ shipping costs when paid by PayPal. By credit card this is 5.70€. (always VAT included)

Thanks dude I IM'd you back. I'm still kind of shocked the merchandise situation at the fest was how it was. I got up and stood in the rain on Thursday morning to be first in line and everything 3xl was gone already. On Wed I was standing in a mass of people, no lines at all just a mob, and after 2 hours I got to the front and wasn't thinking and got a 2xl which fits me fine over here, but European sizes are a tad bit smaller. Oh well, live and learn!

Thanks for the help Quark!

raylouie

13 Mai 2013
Colorado
Thanks dude I IM'd you back. I'm still kind of shocked the merchandise situation at the fest was how it was. I got up and stood in the rain on Thursday morning to be first in line and everything 3xl was gone already. On Wed I was standing in a mass of people, no lines at all just a mob, and after 2 hours I got to the front and wasn't thinking and got a 2xl which fits me fine over here, but European sizes are a tad bit smaller. Oh well, live and learn!

Thanks for the help Quark!

I notice that too, I bought a few 2XL band shirts from the Nuclear Blast stand and almost all of them are a bit tight. Guess I'll be getting 3XL next year.

Tri-6

13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
I should have, but I was standing for near two hours in the sun in a very tight mob of people and sweating my ass off. Claustrophobia was kicking in and I was getting to the point where I was thinking about hitting people who were pushing against me. I was like "gimme my shirt so I can get the hell out of here!" And it fits, its just a bit tighter than I like, I should probably lose a few pounds to help the situation too. ;)

I was just stunned at how, IMO, poor the merchandise situation was. Figured it would have had more stuff in the larger sizes, if you showed up on Thursday you were screwed if you needed more than a M or L. Unless you were getting a Wacken Firefighter shirt which they had in all sizes until Friday at least. And the lack of lines just lead to a mob of people pushing each other to the front or trying to push their way in front of you. It was kind of nuts. I figured some fencing to form the mob into lines would have been a great idea.

Oh well thems the breaks. Outside that I had an amazing time. Enough whining about the merch.

Tri-6

13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
I notice that too, I bought a few 2XL band shirts from the Nuclear Blast stand and almost all of them are a bit tight. Guess I'll be getting 3XL next year.

Going back next year I see. Cool!

We were thinking about it until we got to Munich Monday and I noticed that it was nearly sold out per Facebook, then a couple hours later the sell out was posted on the website. If I had known for sure I could get the time off next year I would have probably just went for it then, but I couldn't talk to any of the people who were wanting to go next year or check with work. Insane how fast it went, and after they announced King Diamond I was thinking "Hell yeah I'm coming back!". Oh well.

Koldawne

31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
Going back next year I see. Cool!

We were thinking about it until we got to Munich Monday and I noticed that it was nearly sold out per Facebook, then a couple hours later the sell out was posted on the website. If I had known for sure I could get the time off next year I would have probably just went for it then, but I couldn't talk to any of the people who were wanting to go next year or check with work. Insane how fast it went, and after they announced King Diamond I was thinking "Hell yeah I'm coming back!". Oh well.

I ended up with a small girly Wacken shirt and a small men's Sabaton shirt. The men's shirt fits good. The girly shirt will have to wait a few more months until I lose another few pounds. I wanted a med but they were sold out also and we were even there on Wednesday! They had large but I didn't want it too be so baggy so now I have more motivation to get down to the size I want to be ;)

We thought about going back for 2014 also but it sold out before we even got home so for us it wasn't an option. 2015 looking possible but we will have to see how we feel about it as we get closer.

I tried to order those shirts also and had the same problem. Either they won't ship to Canada or they will not accept 'normal' payments - they want only bank transfers or like that which does not work from here very well due to all the fees.

Darkfang

Either they won't ship to Canada or they will not accept 'normal' payments - they want only bank transfers or like that which does not work from here very well due to all the fees.

Yeah, I must admit that we are not used to wired bank transfer. For the deposit for my room in Itzehoe, I had to do a transfer. I tried to do it with Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) and the online service (15$) wasn't able to find the BIC swift code... I decided to go at the branch and it worked but the service was 35$ !!:eek: . I said no way... My girlfriend got an account with Caisse Populaire Desjardins online. It worked without any issue and less expensive (10$).