Wackinger

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

DublinFrodo

26 Feb. 2013
Is it just me or is the Wackinger village, one of my favourite things about Wacken, getting worse every year? :mad:

This year there were very few real handicrafts merchants, most stalls just sold cheap tacky crap. Where were the black smiths, wood carvers, leather crafters?

It's also losing atmosphere, feels a lot less Viking, plus now it share sthe space with that post apocalyptic area.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Is it just me or is the Wackinger village, one of my favourite things about Wacken, getting worse every year? :mad:

This year there were very few real handicrafts merchants, most stalls just sold cheap tacky crap. Where were the black smiths, wood carvers, leather crafters?

It's also losing atmosphere, feels a lot less Viking, plus now it share sthe space with that post apocalyptic area.

Good to hear, when I return next year I hope the village is removed all to gether and being replaced by metal stuff instead. if you wanna have medieval stuff just go to a special fair :o

DublinFrodo

26 Feb. 2013
Well, if you don't like it don't go there, simple.

I think it adds a lot to Wacken making it a better experience as well as showcasing the Northern German/ Danish Viking culture.

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
I was there in 2010 and it was tacky as hell....

I didn't know about the 'wasteland' thing though that is just so dumb it's hilarious.

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Yeah I dunno in my opinion, having some people in costumes pretend to fight each other while everyone pretends to like mead with their amon amarth armbands while the fucking red hot chili pipers play in the background takes away from wacken, it does not add anything

DublinFrodo

26 Feb. 2013
I'm surprised, it has always been one of my favourite places in Wacken. It was especially good in 2010, loads of good traders and good traditional hand made stuff as well as food and a cool sitting area by the fire.

Great place to and chill in between shows.

Koldawne

W:O:A Metalhead
31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
Yeah I dunno in my opinion, having some people in costumes pretend to fight each other while everyone pretends to like mead with their amon amarth armbands while the fucking red hot chili pipers play in the background takes away from wacken, it does not add anything

As a first timer to Wacken in 2013 I thought it was kind of cool. I liked the vendors (too many drinking horns though!) I didn't really understand the 'mad max' stuff either.

For some reason I have associated Heavy Metal with "medieval" stuff for a long time - to me they kind of go together. I loved the sword fighting and the mead! and the food was good too! I thought it added to my enjoyment of Wacken honestly.. Maybe I'm one of those 'tourists' :eek: *hangs head in shame*

Zachia

8 Mai 2012
As a first timer to Wacken in 2013 I thought it was kind of cool. I liked the vendors (too many drinking horns though!) I didn't really understand the 'mad max' stuff either.

For some reason I have associated Heavy Metal with "medieval" stuff for a long time - to me they kind of go together. I loved the sword fighting and the mead! and the food was good too! I thought it added to my enjoyment of Wacken honestly.. Maybe I'm one of those 'tourists' :eek: *hangs head in shame*

then i´m a tourist ,too.:o

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
I liked it too. There are more than enough metal shops in Wacken, there's room for something different.