BB-codes for signatures

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

BB codes for signatures?

• Yes

Stimmen: 5 62,5%
  • No

Stimmen: 3 37,5%

• Umfrageteilnehmer
  • Umfrage geschlossen .

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Moien,

due to a discussin in the "Zeilenbegrenzung in der Signatur" thread in the "Suggestions" part (limit of lines for the signatures) we stumbled across the option for BB codes in signatures. (the text underneath all posts).

BB codes are funny short codes, which enable the format of text, also colours, links etc.

Many of you have already links in their sigs, which you cannot click on, or quotes, and the lay out is a bit limited, due to failing options.

Technically speaking it wouldn't be a problem to allow those formats. The question is just: what do you think of this?

The ideas were to activate the following options
Hyperlinks, Font, colour, size (to maximal size 4 for overview reasons)

Will remain deactivated:
pictures, too large sized characters (5-7)

The character limit for normal text is at this point set at 500, an additional 500 characters for BB code would be added as an extra possibility.

As e.g. quotes clearly use more text than ordinairy text, every user should pay attention not to use too much space in the signature.
A limit like "X lines" is best be avoided, if needed Jasper can debate this with the person who's concerned directly.

What's your opinion? :)

NOTE: Note that it is not ME who wrote this message, it's a copy of this thread in the German Talk.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
I don't see why not. I don't use them anyway and actually have them disabled so I can't see anyone else's.

I don't see a problem with pictures, though. A lot of forums have restrictions on the size of pictures that can be used. As long as signatures aren't hugely long, I don't think it matters what's in them.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I don't see why not. I don't use them anyway and actually have them disabled so I can't see anyone else's.

I don't see a problem with pictures, though. A lot of forums have restrictions on the size of pictures that can be used. As long as signatures aren't hugely long, I don't think it matters what's in them.

Pics can be annoying, 'cause they take their time to load. (Especially when it's moving pics)
So... no pics, if it were up to me.

Wacken-Jasper

Administrator
Teammitglied
18 Jan. 2012
www.wacken.com
I just reworked the poll in the German talk to be more specific. Just "Yes" or "No" doesn't work out very well.

I could do the same here, but I guess it would be better if you head over to the German topic to vote, beause than we have all the votes at one spot. I translate you the options of the poll. :)

The question is:
Which options could you imagine to use in the signature:
1. Schriftfarbe ändern - change the color of the font in the signature
2. Schriftart ändern - change the font itself
3. Schriftgröße ändern - change the size of the font
4. Zitate einbauen - use quotes in the sig
5. Hyperlinks einbauen - use links to other sites
6. Gar nichts davon / bin gegen alle Änderungen - nothing of these / I'm against all of these changes

Here you go:
http://woafor.wacken.com/showthread.php?p=12769144

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
I just reworked the poll in the German talk to be more specific. Just "Yes" or "No" doesn't work out very well.

I could do the same here, but I guess it would be better if you head over to the German topic to vote, beause than we have all the votes at one spot. I translate you the options of the poll. :)

The question is:
Which options could you imagine to use in the signature:
1. Schriftfarbe ändern - change the color of the font in the signature
2. Schriftart ändern - change the font itself
3. Schriftgröße ändern - change the size of the font
4. Zitate einbauen - use quotes in the sig
5. Hyperlinks einbauen - use links to other sites
6. Gar nichts davon / bin gegen alle Änderungen - nothing of these / I'm against all of these changes

Here you go:
http://woafor.wacken.com/showthread.php?p=12769144

Cheers Jasper!