gnoffi tours Europe to stalk Hypocrisy?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
I'm looking into making these dates for the Hypocrisy upcoming European tour:

28.03.13 DE Essen/Turock
29.03.13 BE Namur/Cinex
30.03.13 NL Leeuwarden/Romein
31.03.13 NL Eindhoven/De Effenaar

So, if even feasible, the plan would be:
Fly into Düsseldorf, then S-bahn to Essen, see show, sleep.
Up, train to Namur, see show, sleep.
Up, train to Leeuwarden, see show, sleep.
Up, train to Eindhoven, see show, sleep.
Up, fly home from somewhere the 1:st, possibly take a train to a good airport that fly direct to Gothenburg.

Anyone travelled between these cities before or would know about how easy that would be?

I guess I could use use DB website, but wanted to hear of any possible advice first.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland

28.03.13 DE Essen/Turock
29.03.13 BE Namur/Cinex

Up, fly home from somewhere the 1:st, possibly take a train to a good airport that fly direct to Gothenburg.

Anyone travelled between these cities before or would know about how easy that would be?

I guess I could use use DB website, but wanted to hear of any possible advice first.

I guess quark is the man to answer this one

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I've been in Namur many times! I used to work there. It's half an hour by train for me, so... if you like I could come to Namur as well.

As for the train:
www.nshispeed.nl (in NL EN) or www.belgianrail.be (NL FR EN DE) for Namur-Leeuwarden and
www.ns.nl for the domestic trip (Leeuwarden-Eindhoven)

In NL: there are ticket machines, they do "speak" English. But... since the NS (Dutch Railways) and all other public transport companies are changing to the "OV-Chipkaart", you have to indicate you don't have one. Then buy a ticket, if possibility to pay "Maestro", if not, go to the booth, will cost you 50ct more though. (thieves! :( )
Price: €24.60.
You can also buy them online via www.ns.nl (nominative ticket)

IC in BE and NL are WITHOUT supplement. No reservation either, or whatever.

An international ticket in the booth (in Belgium) costs €3,- extra.
(shortest and least expensive: €40.60 without any reduction)

From Namur to Leeuwarden:
Namur - Liège Guillemins IC
Liège G - Maastricht L(ocal train)
Maastricht - Utrecht C IC
Utrecht - Leeuwarden IC (with a possible change in Amersfoort, that depends)

Leeuwarden - Eindhoven:
Leeuwarden (-Amersfoort) - Utrecht C.
Utrecht - Eindhoven. All IC

And Eindhoven has its own airport. Don't know if there's a flight to Göteborg though. But Düsseldorf is not that far from Eindhoven. :)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien

28.03.13 DE Essen/Turock
29.03.13 BE Namur/Cinex

Part 2:

Düsseldorf Essen is fairly easy.

Essen - Namur: I've done that part as well. The point is the train Cologne-Brussels. There is Thalys every 2hrs except when ICE. And you can't use Thalys ticket in ICE v.v.
There's also a local train from Aachen (Aix-la-Chapelle) Hbf to Liège. That's an ordinairy SNCB/NMBS train, it has normal int. rates. It also runs every 2hrs! (calls at Hergenrath, Welkenraedt, Verviers C, Pepinster, Angleur, Liège G.)

From Namur to NL is quite easy. I've done it yesterday, that should be smooth. (thoug 6hrs in the train!)
And Leeuwarden Eindhoven is the same. ;)

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Cheers Q!

The flight prices went up a LOT though, and it is a bitch to get a ticket for the Essen show since they will only mail it internationally, so not sure I can do this :'(