Getting from Meldorf to Wacken

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

GD2011

11 Mai 2012
Hello,

I'll be staying in Meldorf in a hotel this year. The problem is that I don't really yet know how I can get to the festival site each morning.

Does anyone know anything about the local busses or trains?

All help is highly appreciated.

Undomiel

W:O:A Metalmaster
27 Dez. 2001
Hamburg
Hi,

since I´m from Meldorf *g* : take the regionaltrain to Itzehoe and take the busshuttle. The schedules for the train are here http://www.bahn.de

For the busshuttle from Itzehoe to Wacken use the schedule from the wacken homepage :)

Good Luck!

GD2011

11 Mai 2012
Thanks a lot!

Now I'll just need to figure how the hell we'll back to Meldorf after the gigs... :)

Undomiel

27 Dez. 2001
Hamburg
Let me see: by car you need 30 minutes from Wacken to Meldorf. Quite expensive if you take a taxi...maybe you can handle a deal with a taxidriver. My father drives taxi there, I can ask him. :)

GD2011

11 Mai 2012
If you could ask him that would be really nice, thanks!

I'm not really up-to-date with the taxi prices in Germany at the moment. How much would you estimate that a trip like that would cost, for 2 persons?

Undomiel

27 Dez. 2001
Hamburg
If you could ask him that would be really nice, thanks!

I'm not really up-to-date with the taxi prices in Germany at the moment. How much would you estimate that a trip like that would cost, for 2 persons?

It will be about 40,-€ for one trip, doesn´t matter how many people. By the way, I just heard that for people who stay at the hotel "Linde" in Meldorf, they will organise the trips :) So, if you are staying in that hotel, you won´t need to take care about how to get to the festival and back. They´ll organise everything ;)

GD2011

11 Mai 2012
Thanks again for the info! We'll fly to Germany tomorrow.

It will be intressenting to see what WOA has become. Its been a few years since I last was there for the last time...this being my tenth time in the Mecca Of Metal ;)

Undomiel

27 Dez. 2001
Hamburg
Thanks again for the info! We'll fly to Germany tomorrow.

It will be intressenting to see what WOA has become. Its been a few years since I last was there for the last time...this being my tenth time in the Mecca Of Metal ;)

uh-oh....:D A friend of mine hadn´t been there for 10 years until last year. When he stepped out into the infield he went like "WTFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!"...

This year would be my 16th Wacken...Hope you have a LOT of Fun und Sun! :)